Adult Friendly Animated Movies

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:14 pm
I have to say that my daughter is in a big disney movie stage (or other animated films aside from Disney) and I love the humor in some of these movies so much that I have been bored enough to watch them without her.

So what are your favorite, adult friendly animated movies?

Shrek (all)
Toy Story (all)
Cars

I could go on...

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:21 pm
@Crazielady420,
I like Scrat in Ice Age. I don't know if he's adult-oriented though. Maybe I'm just immature.
Crazielady420

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:22 pm
@sozobe,
He is hillarious, my daughter loves him too (as do I).
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:22 pm
@Crazielady420,
i liked shrek (only saw 1 & 2), liked toy story (again only saw 1 & 2), i also really liked the incredibles, monsters inc and wall-e
JPB

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:27 pm
Aladdin is full of adult humor. Robin Williams as the genie is great!

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:28 pm
UP!

(A little long starting out for kids, but I liked it.)

All of the Ice Age movies. (The Skrat squences remind me of the delimas Wile E. Coyote would get into, the timing of the cracking ice, the splitting of juuusssst the last branch... love it.)

Joe(ya-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo)Nation
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:28 pm
@djjd62,
the films from Studio Ghibli are probably better in a few years, but a 3 year old might like My Neighbor Totoro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Neighbor_Totoro
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:30 pm
@Crazielady420,
Up.

Quote:
Up won Golden Globe Awards for Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Score from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The film received five Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture, making Up only the second animated film in history to receive such a nomination, following Beauty and the Beast in 1991. It was awarded the Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score in 2010.

Quote:
Since its release, Up has been critically acclaimed. As of January 26, 2011 (2011 -01-26), Rotten Tomatoes reports that 98% of critics have given the film a positive review, based on 264 reviews, with an 8.6/10 review average. The film also holds a score of 88 on the review aggregator website Metacritic as of August 1, 2009 (2009 -08-01). Film critic Roger Ebert gave it four out of four stars and called it "a wonderful film". The Hollywood Reporter lauded the film as "Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, this gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it." Although the San Francisco Chronicle noted that the film "contains many boring stretches of mindless freneticism and bland character interaction," it also declared that there are scenes in Up of "Such beauty, economy and poetic wisdom that they belong in any anthology of great movie moments...to watch Up with any attention is to be moved and astonished by the economy with which specific visuals are invested with emotion throughout [the film]..." Variety enthused that "Up is an exceptionally refined picture; unlike so many animated films, it's not all about sensory bombardment and volume...Unsurprisingly, no one puts a foot wrong here. Vocal performances...exude a warm enthusiasm, and tech specifications could not be better. Michel Giacchino's full-bodied, traditional score is superlative..."

There are several places that will make you cry in heartfelt sorrow, especially if you have ever loved another person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_(2009_film)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:33 pm
Grave of the Fireflies is a wonderful adult animated film (not for young children)

everyone should see it, it's a tear jerker for sure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies
JPB

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:33 pm
Finding Nemo was a good movie too.

0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:35 pm
Love em all!

Shark Tale is another
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:38 pm
@Crazielady420,
How old is your daughter?

One can (almost) never go wrong with Pixar films: Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Up, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, etc....

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
Despicable Me (2010)
Kung Fu Panda (2008)
Madagascar (2005)
Crazielady420

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 04:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
My oldest is three

She has seen all but Fanastic Mr. Fox and she didn't catch on the Despicable me yet.

I have heard the hop is good, which is in theaters now.

She is currently into Tangled, which I love as well because the live happily ever after, I am such a sap!
0 Replies

Greekgod

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 05:48 pm
@djjd62,
I agree for with you.
Im a 14 and was a bit iffy at first when i heard about the film but i saw it on so many top rated listed i thought i might as well get it. It was a very happy story at the beginning but towards the end it was SO unhappy. I really did not know i could cry so much :L. Yes you may mock me but don't until you have seen the film. YOU SHOULD Smile
0 Replies

careylili

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:32 pm
Finding Nemo ,Up,Tangled are my favorites!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 06:51 am
@Crazielady420,
Disney had a run of movies that extended from Little Mermaid to Tarzan where each was better than the next. Although I dislike the "Disneyfication" of classic stories like Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Hercules and Hunchback of Norte Dam, Tarzan and Mulan are outstanding, both for the storyline, music, animation and for the way they took a story that needed translation and modified it while keeping the feeling and heart of the original story. (The Mulan story varies from one location to another within China so Disney had a fair amount of license and the original Tarzan was so full of ignorant statements about Africa that it could never come to the screen in 2000 in its original form.) I think both of those are must sees if you like animation. Lilo and Stitch is another Disney hit that is a very entertaining parent/child watch. Lots of humor, decent storyline, lots of Elvis tribute songs plus a throwback animation style.
0 Replies

Stevedavis

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:35 pm
for me its shrek!!!!!my father is 54 even he loves it!!!!!
0 Replies