CPS

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:19 pm
What does CPS search for at your home when you call for an evaluation? Such as you live in a nice home. But your father is abusive. What
Kinds of things do they search for? Is it anonymous? What happens if they take you from home? Help please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,528 • Replies: 1
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 07:04 pm
@Lovelove131330,
I am sorry that this is a difficult situation. If you have an abusive father, the most important thing is that the abuse stop. CPS can help do this. I assume that the CPS worker will listen first to the person who made the call, before visiting the home.

I only have indirect experience with this. The CPS workers I know are very caring. They will try to keep families together, they offer support and counseling. But in cases involving abuse, they also decide when a child needs to be protected. This means providing a new place to live.

My advice is be honest with the CPS worker. Tell them what is happening. I am assuming you are a teenager. They will listen to what you say and take you seriously. If you need to leave your house, they can do this. If you just need someone to help provide support and counseling, they can do this as well.

The worst thing to do with abuse is to keep it a secret.
0 Replies