I deleted my phone number from facebook but I can still look myself up with it

Sirime

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 08:30 am
I recently deleted my phone number from the contact details of my facebook account, but when I enter it into the search box my profile still shows up in the results. How do I stop this happening? I don't want people to be able to find me using my phone number D:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,054 • Replies: 5
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 10:38 pm
@Sirime,
I don't how to fix that. My Facebook account listed me as working for Public Television, I've never listed an occupation and I certainly don't work in TV, I think Facebook just vacuums up everything and never let's anything go. Even if it doesn't apply to you.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 01:15 am
@Sirime,
Not wishing to rub it in, but why on earth would anyone consider putting their private "real world" details out there on something as potentially full of weirdos as Facebook?
Facebook, twitter.....tried them both just to see what all the fuss was about. One was totally pointless, the other just clogged up my email inbox for weeks, and a deluge of virtual poking was quite overwhelming and unpleasant.
Can anyone explain to me how these two sites actually enhance one's life?
0 Replies

fifa123

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 01:59 pm
@Sirime,
why ?!!facebook send me every day
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 02:01 pm
@Sirime,
Enter a fake phone number into facebook. It will happily spam the fake number.
0 Replies

Sirime

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 02:10 pm
Thank you all for your advice/help... @engineer I did try that, but for some stupid reason this new number doesn't work in the search box, only my old ones which I wanted to delete and have deleted -_-
0 Replies