Judge Judy Rushed To Hospital

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:58 am
Judge Judy Rushed to Hospital One Day After Surgery [Updated]
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 30th 2011 04:12PM

Judge Judy was hospitalized Wednesday morning, RadarOnline.com reports.

The 68-year-old TV show judge, full name Judith Sheindlin, was rushed to an LA hospital with nausea and intestinal issues, Radar writes. An ambulance came to the set of 'Judge Judy' at 9:12AM after a 911 call.

"The judge was feeling nauseous and had some intestinal discomfort and decided to go to the hospital to get it checked out," Judge Judy's rep, Gary Rosen, told Radar. "They are keeping her overnight for tests."

UPDATE: Judge Judy reportedly underwent oral surgery on Tuesday and "and didn't eat all day before the procedure and she had to take pain medication," a insider of the TV show tells RadarOnline. "She was told to take the day off but she said 'No, No I'll work.'"

UPDATE II: Judge Judy called TMZ to say, "I'm just exhausted, and my body was telling me it needed a day to chill." She added that she was "fine" and "at my age, I know my body."

"She was just sitting on the stand during her taping, and she started saying things that didn't make any sense," an insider tells Radar. "It was only during the second case. The judge said a couple of sentences that didn't have anything to do with the case, and then she stopped speaking and said she wasn't feeling well."

Judge Judy reportedly told her audience she would need to stop.

www.popeater.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,748 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:00 am
TV reports that day indicated the Judge suffered double vision and blamed the whole sequence of events on having her teeth cleaned and being very tired.

Later reports indicate the Judge had oral surgery.
firefly

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:29 am
@Miller,
If true, the reports of her suddenly speaking gibberish and having vision problems, suggest something more than just being tired or having taken pain medication.

I think that if she had a mini-stroke, or some other neurological problem, she would not make it public, and would, in fact, have her publicist work hard to keep it from being revealed to the media. Her livelihood depends on her having sharp, alert, cognitive functions and good judgment. She would not want her image damaged by any hint of problems with brain functions.
boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:37 am
This is the third time I've heard about on air TV personalities suddenly speaking gibberish in the last month or so. The other two times it was during newscasts.

Weird.
Miller

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:40 am
@firefly,
I agree. The double vision problem combined with the digestive problems may sugest a mini-stroke. She looks like a very fit 68 year old woman, but she may be medicated to control her medical problems, which the public knows nothing about.

She tapes her show in California, while her home I believe is in Florida.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:41 am
@boomerang,
Yes, it is a little weird.

One of those news reporters said her problem was diagnosed as a type of migraine.

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:43 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Yes, it is a little weird.

One of those news reporters said her problem was diagnosed as a type of migraine.

But, no report of double vision in this reporter's case.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:45 am
@firefly,
It makes me wonder if perhaps we all do it at one time or another but it just isn't caught on camera.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:48 am
Migraine is a strange phenomenon and takes many form, as I learned after my daughter began having migraines.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:50 am
I don't think Judge Judy had a migraine.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:59 am
@boomerang,
No, I don't think we all speak gibberish at one time or another. We may make slips of the tongue, or get words a little garbled in some circumstances, but I don't think most of us suddenly come out with sentences that are nonsensical or incoherent, when it's unintended. That usually is a sign of some type of neurological problem.
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 09:12 am
the first woman with the migraine used the word "birtation" (not sure how you'd spell that) in her gibberish, and a few folks are using that term to describe these events, a canadian reporter had this happen to him a few weeks back, but i haven't seen a report as to why
Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 09:19 am
@firefly,
Take for example JG10 where every post on every thread demonstrates precisely that behavior.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 02:26 pm
@djjd62,
Both reporters had a rare type of headache. I heard the name on the news cast the other night but I can't remember the name.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 09:47 pm
One of my cousins was rushed to the hospital with what they thought was a stroke, many tests were done, and it turned out to be a migraine..
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 09:11 am
Judge Judy could have had a sinus infection, that somehow penetrated her brain.
Miller

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:59 am
@Miller,
Judge Judy had a TIA. I think this info came out in People magazine.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:21 am

Most judges r more polite n pleasant than Judy is.
Miller

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Maybe that's why her first husband left her...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:24 am

Plausible; grouchieness can cause problems.