Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 01:31 pm
I think I need to change the o-rings in my Rainsoft units. The softener unit is an AM32CT and I can't find the model number on the iron sulphur unit. I bought them both together about 15 years ago. I did have the iron sulphur unit updated with a new timer 2 years ago. Both units stopped drawing solution from the brine tanks. They will fill up but not draw back into the filter units. My question is are the o-rings measured as ID or OD and are they the same size from different units. ie: I have a parts list for 2 different models I found on the internet and they both seem to have the same sizes of o-rings. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,088 • Replies: 6
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 06:19 am
@raffprint,
Make sure you replace the two tiny O rings found on the injector tube.
raffprint

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 04:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
I talked to the Rainsoft tech in my area, he's about 40 miles away, and he thought I should replace the whole injector assembly and the piston assembly instead of just the o-rings. Injector assembly is $15 and piston is $25. He suggested that after I told him I broke the guide cap on the piston assembly when taking it off last night, and I wasn't tapping on it hard at all. I should have it back together tomorrow night after I pick up the parts and hopefully the problem will be solved. There is a lot of good information on this site. I learned quite a bit from other posts. Thanks for responding and I will post the outcome.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 07:28 am
@raffprint,
raffprint wrote:

I should replace the whole injector assembly and the piston assembly instead of just the o-rings.

That would be best.
raffprint

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 05:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
Ok I got the salt softener working. The top of the Brine Inject broke while I was trying to pull it out or the iron sulfer tank. Not sure how to get it out now. Any suggestions H2O Man??
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:17 am
@raffprint,
Needle-nose pliers... if that fails you must remove the valve and tap it out from the other side.
Of course you could just tap it into the tank from the top and leave it there.
It won't clog anything and it will come out when you rebed the greensand.
raffprint

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
The pliers didn't work so I tapped it into the tank. The new one didn't want to go in. Very tight fit. so I gently tapped it in little by little and once it got almost all the way in, the very top of it broke off. I'm guessing I'm going to have to get another one and probably tap that one into the tank too. I tried pulling it back out but it wouldn't budge coming up. I put the cap back on it and ran it through a cycle to see what happens. It's definitely drawing the solution now as is my softener. I did put a little plumbers grease on it before I put it in too. A friend of mine, who just happens to be out of town till tomorrow at a water conference can help me out when he gets back. I might need to rebid the greensand anyways. Haven't done that since I bought it 15 years ago. I will see what he says. Thanks so much H2O Man for your help on this.
0 Replies