6
   

Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

 
 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
IT"S A MOVIE

it's not a window, you aren't watching real things, the young girl who was killed is an actress and in her next movie she might be a hooker with a heart of gold who adopts a homeless football player and shows him the true meaning of christmas

maybe make believe isn't for you david, maybe you should stick to first 48 or locked up abroad
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:48 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
IT"S A MOVIE

it's not a window, you aren't watching real things, the young girl who was killed is an actress
and in her next movie she might be a hooker with a heart of gold who adopts a homeless
football player and shows him the true meaning of christmas

maybe make believe isn't for you david, maybe you should stick to first 48 or locked up abroad
Yeah, but its a question of what u LIKE to see.

For my own part, in both fiction and real life,
I 'm no sadist!
I want the bad guys to lose and the good guys to WIN.

Maybe supporters of gun control (liberals)
are pleased to see evil win ????
Does the liberal mind operate that way,
craving n yearning for the success of evil ?
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  0  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:



Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

When I see a movie wherein the bad guy
is slaughtering the teenagers, or the pretty girls (or ANY innocent victims),

I wish that the victim pulled out a large calibered gun with hollowpointed loads
and BLASTED the predator where it COUNTS ???


I root for the VICTIM!

When u see that in the movies or on TV, how do U feel about it ?





David


Thus speaks an idiot... You know as little of life as you do of Drama... There is a reason police shows are considered comedies no matter how bloody... It is because they look at the exclusion of the bad element from the perspective of society which should be, and feel united, really made whole in the process... But; while such is the intent of that low genre, the effect is entirely the opposite... All you have to do is look at people and their faces as they leave movie theatres after watching that sort of entertainment... Consider what is happening in the action... Violence is being justified while innocents are being violated, and then, at the end, when the criminal is brought to bay, and his destruction is shown from several different angles in slow motion, people are given what they so badly desire in life, and that is justice... By the very nature of the action, which is all fiction, the release the audience desires is denied to them... They find themselves much as they are, and much as they appear to objective observers, caught in moment of bloodlust like an out of control mob...

The absolute problem with such examples of entertainment is that people are not improved by it... The example of justice, so rare in life, but seen as unreal and unrealistic on the big screen is but an example of how elusive and wanted is justice in our daily lives... People do not look to society for justice even while society is formed out of the need for justice...Sooner or later, the society that is formed for justice is taken over by those who use it for profit from injustice, and for that reason people identify more with outlaws... The myth of the individual also contributes to the identification with outlaws, but then, it is individualism that leads to people using society and laws to support injustice, and the worst sort of outlawry, that destroys society from within...

The best sort of drama is tragedy, and this is because everyone recognizes that they are guilty, and every one recognizes that they need society for their happiness... They can see in their own guilt the inevitable extenuating circumstances, but when they see some one punished out of all proportion to their guilt, they see in fact what life does to most of us... There comes a moment when they forgive the guilty, and while it may not seem so to one who seeks that feeling of bloodlust from black comedy, they are made better, more fit for life, and more psychologically healthy... The wonderful thing about Catholic confession and reconciliation is that it breaks a cycle of sin, because when we are forgiven, and forgive ourselves we find it so much easier to forgive others and so put the past behind us finally and forever...

Police comedies are without end because they only reap the crop of criminals thrown up by the endless injustice in a failing society... Tragedies let people make an end to their own injustice, and also to the hatred that police comedies feed which is pure poison... The poison is real enough dear David... Look at your own life and how easily that poison is brought to the surface by fiction... It is real enough, but fictional punishments of fictional characters does not give anyone release from that poison... Only a certain understanding, the ability to see the criminal as human, which is to see ourselves as human can give us release...
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
These shows aren't real. They don't represent real situations or show real crime. If every victim in the movie had a monster sidearm, all of them except the last one would still die and the last one would only pull it out at the last moment. If the first victim had a 45 and the killer had a toothpick and a rubber band, the killer still wins. I don't think a movie where all the "good" guys with their weapons are brought low by a madman armed with garden implements is going to get much support from the NRA crowd.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:21 am
@Fido,
OmSigDAVID wrote:



Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

When I see a movie wherein the bad guy
is slaughtering the teenagers, or the pretty girls (or ANY innocent victims),

I wish that the victim pulled out a large calibered gun with hollowpointed loads
and BLASTED the predator where it COUNTS ???


I root for the VICTIM!

When u see that in the movies or on TV, how do U feel about it ?





David
Fido wrote:
Thus speaks an idiot... You know as little of life as you do of Drama...
There is a reason police shows are considered comedies no matter how bloody...
By WHOM ??
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:25 am
Quote:
Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?


Yes. Not drop the subject. Your obsession is tedious.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:26 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
IT"S A MOVIE

it's not a window, you aren't watching real things, the young girl who was killed is an actress and in her next movie she might be a hooker with a heart of gold who adopts a homeless football player and shows him the true meaning of christmas


That was truly hilarious.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:39 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
These shows aren't real.
That is conceded and not disputed: what is your point??

(regardless of the fact that some movies have been based
on real life occurances
)




engineer wrote:
They don't represent real situations or show real crime.
Never ??
Remember Dragnet a/k/a Badge 714 ?



engineer wrote:
If every victim in the movie had a monster sidearm,
all of them except the last one would still die and the last one would only pull it out at the last moment.
The writers can engineer the scripts any way thay wanna.

In theory, a movie can have 20 victims
summarily dispatch 20 different predators, 1 at a time,
if the writers choose to do it that way.




engineer wrote:
If the first victim had a 45 and the killer had a toothpick and a rubber band, the killer still wins.
IF that 's what the writers want, but not unless.



engineer wrote:
I don't think a movie where all the "good" guys with their weapons
are brought low by a madman armed with garden implements is going to get much support from the NRA crowd.
I think its very cool, when the bad guys fail,
like Home Alone, but with handy guns,
preferably loaded with hollowpointed slugs, or Extreme Shock ammo
http://www.extremeshockusa.com/

Each victim can be manifested like Charles Bronson.





David
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  0  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:



Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

When I see a movie wherein the bad guy
is slaughtering the teenagers, or the pretty girls (or ANY innocent victims),

I wish that the victim pulled out a large calibered gun with hollowpointed loads
and BLASTED the predator where it COUNTS ???


I root for the VICTIM!

When u see that in the movies or on TV, how do U feel about it ?





David
Fido wrote:
Thus speaks an idiot... You know as little of life as you do of Drama...
There is a reason police shows are considered comedies no matter how bloody...
By WHOM ??
I know trust may not be your speciality, but it is real comedy, and in my short spell at university I was an English major, and yes, that fact is in one of my books, which is still own...

One of my profs use to say that tragedies have a funeral, and comedies a wedding.... The situation is much more complex, but looked at simply, in tragedy you have a criminal looked at from the perspective of the criminal where he is the object of our attention, and of these true anti-heroes Orestes who did what he did knowing what he did, and Oedipus who did what he did not knowing what he did provide the templates for all later anti-heroes... In the same tradition of Greek Drama, was the reality of people who feel very much as we do that we are cursed by the presence of evil among us... Attica would not even allow a muderer to be buried within its borders, but would take the body of the criminal and literally toss him over the line... If they could not find a guilty person to exclude from society in some fashion, they would select the most unpopular person they could find by writing suggestions on pieces of broken pottery (ostra)and tallying up the votes, and that person was excluded (ostracised)... Black comedies like you reference are just tragedies turned inside out, seen as I said, from the perspective of a society relieved of a curse which bloodshed and unjustice visits upon humanity...

I once asked a comedian who was making fun of cops what the difference was between cops and comedians because I have never personally met a cop who did not think everything was a big joke... The comedian answered, I don't know; A tasser??? That's got to be fun... But while the cop gets to enjoy the punishment of the guilty, and to live for it, we do not, and our ever searching for the guilty party when ever things go wrong does not in the least help our situation which can only be remedied by understanding what happened and why so that they problem can be avoided... To say that people are naturally criminal and evil is no solution, but is a condemnation of ourselves, so again, we accept that poison of hate rather than the anadote of forgiveness...
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:04 am
@Fido,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:



Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

When I see a movie wherein the bad guy
is slaughtering the teenagers, or the pretty girls (or ANY innocent victims),

I wish that the victim pulled out a large calibered gun with hollowpointed loads
and BLASTED the predator where it COUNTS ???


I root for the VICTIM!

When u see that in the movies or on TV, how do U feel about it ?





David
Fido wrote:
Thus speaks an idiot... You know as little of life as you do of Drama...
There is a reason police shows are considered comedies no matter how bloody...
By WHOM ??
Fido wrote:
I know trust may not be your speciality,
Thanx!



Fido wrote:
but it is real comedy, and in my short spell at university I was an English major, and yes,
that fact is in one of my books, which is still own...
Maybe u can still get your money back.
Fido
 
  0  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:



Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

When I see a movie wherein the bad guy
is slaughtering the teenagers, or the pretty girls (or ANY innocent victims),

I wish that the victim pulled out a large calibered gun with hollowpointed loads
and BLASTED the predator where it COUNTS ???


I root for the VICTIM!

When u see that in the movies or on TV, how do U feel about it ?





David
Fido wrote:
Thus speaks an idiot... You know as little of life as you do of Drama...
There is a reason police shows are considered comedies no matter how bloody...
By WHOM ??
Fido wrote:
I know trust may not be your speciality,
Thanx!



Fido wrote:
but it is real comedy, and in my short spell at university I was an English major, and yes,
that fact is in one of my books, which is still own...
Maybe u can still get your money back.
Why should I trade in a perfectly good book full of insight because you are retarded???
OmSigDAVID
 
  2  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:11 am
@Fido,
From your description, it sounds like thay saw u coming!
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:12 am
@djjd62,
"Escapist movies" are those in which the producers hope to evoke just the feelings that DAve displays. Now when someone is so jaded as to criticize everything in the movie, they dont get it either.

Years ago I got a VHS of the original JAWS. My father in lw had not seen the movie and when we played it he sat there scoffing at the putzy shark and how you couldnt shoot a gas tank.
He missed the memo that said "for best results dispense with your personal realities for 2 hours".

DAVE and my Father in law represent two ends of the spectrum. I think an interesting study could be done. Only negativereason would be,"Who the hell gives a ****"


OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:40 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"Escapist movies" are those in which the producers hope to evoke just the feelings that DAve displays.
Now when someone is so jaded as to criticize everything in the movie, they dont get it either.

Years ago I got a VHS of the original JAWS. My father in lw had not seen the movie and when we played it he sat there scoffing at the putzy shark and how you couldnt shoot a gas tank.
He missed the memo that said "for best results dispense with your personal realities for 2 hours".
I advocate the proposition
that the movie 'd be more fun (like Home Alone)
if the bad guys LOSE and the good guys WIN.

R U Able to conceive of that ?





David
0 Replies
 
firefly
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Am I the ONLY One Here Who Feels This Way ?

When I see a movie wherein the bad guy
is slaughtering the teenagers, or the pretty girls (or ANY innocent victims),

I wish that the victim pulled out a large calibered gun with hollowpointed loads
and BLASTED the predator where it COUNTS ???


I root for the VICTIM!


So, how did you feel when Bambi gets shot? Conflicted?
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:56 am
@firefly,
Another hilarioius post . . . who knew David's obsession would be so entertaining?
Fido
 
  0  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

From your description, it sounds like thay saw u coming!
It is twoo... All the hundreds of books I have read were written just for me... Why don't you think about it... I know the facts can be something of a gadfly to you, but with the right sort of swatter you might be able to bring one home for dinner...
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  0  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 09:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

"Escapist movies" are those in which the producers hope to evoke just the feelings that DAve displays. Now when someone is so jaded as to criticize everything in the movie, they dont get it either.

Years ago I got a VHS of the original JAWS. My father in lw had not seen the movie and when we played it he sat there scoffing at the putzy shark and how you couldnt shoot a gas tank.
He missed the memo that said "for best results dispense with your personal realities for 2 hours".

DAVE and my Father in law represent two ends of the spectrum. I think an interesting study could be done. Only negativereason would be,"Who the hell gives a ****"



There is a line in that movie, Jaws, which illustrates a fact I am certain of in regard to all movies... Some people are primarily visual in their approach to movies and let the scenery express much of the mood and moment, like John Ford, and the old West as backdrop... And then there are those who fall back on liturature, and refer to plot, and use dialog to carry the story and illuminate the characters... There is usually a tell... In Jaws, it is when the character points at the shark and says: A fast fish... This is Melville, and one of the subjects in Moby Dick... But, as Mellville notes in detail, it is also a well established legal principal which is also relatable to ontology...

You know, I would love to write movies and yet, nothing has robbed so much from my life as being able to see through the smoke and mirrors of theatre... I see it for its art, and there is so little art... I see the strings... The crafts seems crafty at best, or clumsy... I ruin everyone else's fun by predicting what is going to happen long before it happens, and they think I have seen it before even when I have not, because I have... There is nothing new... There is only leisure de mains... Magic, misdirection...
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  0  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 09:15 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Another hilarioius post . . . who knew David's obsession would be so entertaining?
It is not entertaining to see some one mired in mental retardation... Do you tease your pets??? Those who cannot figure stuff out are like all of us, but from our perspective only more tragic... He buys into fiction and cannot grasp how is emotions are played upon by people who understand their art better than he understands life... It happens to him in political theatre as well, and he does not get how he is manipulated out of his simple grasp of right and wrong...
0 Replies
 
existential potential
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No. When I watch a film, I don't usually watch it wishing it was something other than what it is, unless its a rubbish film.

Part of what makes films good is, sometimes, when innocent victims are killed, it adds to the drama etc.

however, a simple bad guy predator on innocent victim movie, like "Predator" for example, is tat anyway, but in this example the good guys are well armed.

Also, it depends how emotionally involved I am with the characters on screen-if the film is not effective in that sense, then I don't really care what happens to anyone, but if a film can draw me in and make me feel concerned about the fate of the characters, then maybe I will hope they don't die, or hope they can fend off their attacker.
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/27/2021 at 02:11:17