How come MS Paint doesn't recognize scanned line drawings as solid objects, and how can I fix this?

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:42 am
I don't have a Wacom Pad- I Have tried drawing directly on MS Paint using a mouse and it's not easy to do. I did a regular line drawing and scanned it and uploaded it to MS Paint- I tried using the Paint Fill function in MS Paint and it didn't do anything. Why doesn't MS Paint recognize scanned line drawings as solid objects? WHat can I do to fix this? Please help-thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,434 • Replies: 6
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 10:40 am
Probably a dumb question-do most people do finished artwork and then scan it and show it online or do they upload art and color it online?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:45 pm
No one here uses MS Paint?
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Both, but ms paint is pretty basic. Most people I know use a tablet with photoshop or eyecandy .

I don't have a tablet but I do have photo-shop (an old version). I create my work by hand then scan it in to show it online. I use photo shop to stitch the image together if I have to scan it in more than one pass.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 08:01 pm
@Aldistar,
Hi. So I should go into Photoshop and color my scanned line drawings there?
Aldistar

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sure. I don't really know what paint can do. You can color by hand as well. Do what you feel is best.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:32 pm
@Aldistar,
Thank you- what version of Photoshop should I download? I don't have to have CS5- I am having issues with that.
0 Replies