Sample size

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 10:20 am
I have a population of 101 student services workers who will be taking a customer service skill survey to see if there is a correlation between their customer service skills and the retention numbers at community colleges in the upstate of South Carolina. I need to know what the sample size should be for a population of 101 in full detail. I do have perrmission to ask for help with this issue through University of Phoenix Doctrate Program. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 662 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JPB

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 11:26 am
@gford816,
gford816 wrote:

I have a population of 101 student services workers who will be taking a customer service skill survey to see if there is a correlation between their customer service skills and the retention numbers at community colleges in the upstate of South Carolina. I need to know what the sample size should be for a population of 101 in full detail. I do have perrmission to ask for help with this issue through University of Phoenix Doctrate Program. Thank you.

It's explained in great detail Here

Quote:
For a significant Pearson product-moment correlation at a 0.05 level of significance, a power of 0.80, and a medium effect size, we need 85 people.

There are also links for other levels of significance, power, and effect size.
0 Replies