How to learn grammarwell

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:21 am
I am a freshman and I am a English major student ,but I only know little about grammar,I wonder if I can study well without spend too much time in study grammar!If not ,how to learn grammar well ? Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 389 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 05:36 am
Quote:
I am a freshman and I am an English major student but I only know a little about grammar, I wonder if I can study well without spending too much time studying grammar! If not, how can I learn grammar well ? Thank you!

please compare the corrected parragraph with your original. In particular note words i have omitted and positions and spaces around commas.

Learn how to use english words by reading english books and newspapers on a daily basis. In particular read articals about things that interest YOU. perhaps that will be about the natural environment, plants and animals, maybe about cooking or business or culture in countries that you are interested in.
another way maybe to listen to English radio, watch english movies or download podcasts from the web. you can listen over and over rewind when you dont understand.

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 05:50 am
@dadpad,
And also feel free to ask questions here, but we need context. That is, just a stray word is not enough for us to go on -- we usually need a paragraph and then a question from you regarding exactly what it is you're not getting.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 06:45 am
@dadpad,
Dadpad sorry but,
English should be capitalized, so should I. Also words after a full stop are capitalized.
0 Replies