Why are there still Australians on this site?

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 03:55 pm
What is a shooting license?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 04:06 pm
A licence to shoot.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 04:12 pm
So you're saying that people need to be trained to some extent and pass some safety course in order to get a "shooting license"? A hunting license I understand. But a shooting license? Do I need a license for my bow, too?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 04:35 pm
But you still do have "shooting galleries", don't you Laughing

(And you don't have them in the USA, cjhsa :wink: )
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 05:19 pm
dlowan wrote:
A licence to shoot.

An obvious question deserves an obvious answer.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 05:51 pm
Not an obvious question BP because there is no equivalent here in the U.S. You may need permits to own or carry certain kinds of guns. You cannot own or possess one if you've been convicted of a felony. You must have safety training to get a hunting license if you are not an adult (personally I think the adults need it too). But that's it. No such thing as a "shooting license".

When I was growing up, we spent literally days plinking .22 long rifles at tin cans. No "shooting license" required. Just a little adult supervision.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:06 pm
>What if the hokey pokey is what it's really all about?

What if? Shocked Birds would fly backwards, trees would grow upside down, and computers would crash alot... Wait...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:12 pm
take it easy cjhsa, I was just fooling around.....
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:17 pm
Suuuuuuuuure you were. Right. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:18 pm
cjhsa, here's how it works. To buy a gun you need a shooters licence. To get the licence you need to join a gun club and clock up a certain number of hours. Then you go through a police background check. When you buy a gun it has to be registered onto a national database. You can only hunt if you have written authorisation from the land owner (or it's your land.)
Bows are the same thing except you join an archery club. The weapons you can buy is quite limited, semi autos are mostly banned as are all crossbows.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:21 pm
Hohum - did we really need the guns debate to intrude on a silly, happy thread?

I would suggest, cjhsa, if you want a serious answer to such questions you open a thread, rather than inserting the topic into a totally unrelated one.

Guns - or the idea of using them for "fun" - horrify me - and I am no expert in the rules around them here. However, as I said, if you want to know the truth, instead of your silly NRA (I assume) inspired prejudices (such as no guns allowed in the outback - as if you could run huge sheep and cattle properties without a gun!), why not open a thread, where some Australians who ARE interested in guns - or foreigners who have done their homework - might be able to answer your questions?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:25 pm
Or, here is the url for a google search on Oz gun laws - since I believe Adrian's post applies more to pistols - and some other guns:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22Australian+gun+laws%22&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryAU
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:30 pm
I agree with Dlowan. This was an excellent thread which dealt with the Australian problem on this site. We were starting to make some headway and there were some excellent ideas being tossed about as to how to eliminate the Aussies when suddenly the conversation inexplicably turned to guns.

We certainly don't want this to turn into one of Dlowan's digressions.

Back to the subject at hand, boys and girls.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:32 pm
Are ferret wraps still legal?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:33 pm
Lucky, lucky margo! Laughing
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:39 pm
But we can eliminate Aussies with guns, so guns belong in the thread. Of course, we might want to use more subtle methods (such as attack gophers or ferrets), but guns are still a viable means of eliminating the pesky Aussies.

@B-P B: No. I'll bite your crotch if you try anything, so BACK OFF. Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:42 pm
Was it the gun obsessed American who suggested guns as a method of operation? What a surprise.......

Still and all, I can't imagine this site without Aussies or Ozites or whatever the hell they want to be called. There has to be a lowest common denominator, doesn't there?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:44 pm
Twisted Ferret is a man about town...

http://www.co.san-joaquin.ca.us/mgzoo/images/coloring/ferret.gif
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:51 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Still and all, I can't imagine this site without Aussies or Ozites or whatever the hell they want to be called. There has to be a lowest common denominator, doesn't there?

Now I'm offended. <sniff> Sad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 06:58 pm
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 05:32:08