Why are there still Australians on this site?

nimh

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:07 pm
dlowan wrote:
Gosh, Nimh, where were you trying to go with that one?

Hehheh ... I swear I came across that coincidentally just now ... <grins>

I was looking up info about Henry Hall & his Orchestra (of "The Teddybears' Picnic" and "Hush Hush Hush Here Comes the Bogeyman" fame) ...

and thus I ended up at Radio Fun - Children's favourites ...

and I just had to click on "Run Rabbit Run" by Flanagan & Allen - charming song, really ... <grins>
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:12 pm
DEon't you mean:

Hehheh ... I swear I came across that coincidentally just now... Very Happy

I was looking up info about Henry Hall & his Orchestra (of "The Teddybears' Picnic" and "Hush Hush Hush Here Comes the Bogeyman" fame)...

and thus I ended up at Radio Fun - Children's favourites...

and I just had to click on "Run Rabbit Run" by Flanagan & Allen - charming song, really... Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:16 pm
In fact, looking up the lyrics of "Run Rabbit Run" just then, I came across other insightful stuff, too!

This most instructive website on Animals on the Home Front, for example, reproduces a Wolverton Express article that reminds us wisely that,

Quote:
Ruthless action against rabbits must take place during this fortnight - the period before the breeding season begins. [..] Every man with a gun or ferret or trap must set to work now - in spite of weather.

Nine rabbits eat as much as two sheep. [..] Cattle never feed well on rabbit tainted grass. Rabbits harbour parasitic worms and carry liver fluke.

They are Public Enemy Number 1

That's courtesy of ACTION NOW AGAINST RABBITS, folks <grins>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:19 pm
Dontcha start twisting my words all around, Ferret.

You heard the man - get to work is what you should do - in spite of weather!
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:20 pm
Sure thing, nimh. I'll start hunting those bunnies right away. Very Happy

And I twisted nothing - just added Very Happy's...

(off-topic) Have you heard from Mrs. Frisby lately?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:24 pm
hehhehheh ...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:29 pm
Original words of "The Teddy Bears' Picnic" not possible nowadays, they are from a more innocent age:
"If you go down in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise...".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:50 pm
You folk finished bumpin' your gums together, or do I have to unleash the liver flukes?
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 06:17 am
yoose , balts, squareheads, yankz, poms and spics awt shut yor gobs bout ouwer wimmin an' that kiwi Ewe awt bugger off less she wontz to be mutton stew. Ozzi wimmin are the best sheelahs who know there place is in the kitchen at parteez an' at 'ome (unless of course they is required in the bordello - that's posh for bedroom yoose dumb twits). We ozzie min treat them with respect an if yoo ain't respectful yoose'll get yor noses smashed. An' if yoo wanna no wy we ozzie min don't hang roun ere its becorz ouwer sheelahs do eveythin for uss and wen there told to to includin writin shitt and stuff so bugger off an leev ouwer sheelahs alone less they are tainted wif yor bluddy forrin ideas
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:46 pm
Shocked Surprised From Adelaide - must be a friend of dlowan's!
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:19 pm
"Nine rabbits eat as much as two sheep. [..] Cattle never feed well on rabbit tainted grass. Rabbits harbour parasitic worms and carry liver fluke."

And then there is the cigarette butts.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:26 pm
Jesus Margo - the place ain't THAT small....

I am ignoring Eve.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:54 pm
hehhehheh

dem newzealanders be funny

guess thats where the funny bone ended up in that big migration, huh?

it had to have gone somewhere .. <grins>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:24 pm
If we banned liberals this site would be a lot faster.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 06:24 pm
LOL! It would mostly be EMPTY ;-)
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 08:29 pm
Don't wowwy wabbit the Sid-er-Knee slickers are dumb twits, fowwiners cwiminals and kiwis mostly.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 08:32 pm
ppppffffffttttt!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 08:34 pm
Hello Margo,

do you remember me? I was in your grade 1 class 1953, yeah I'm the one who pooed his pants. Didn't know you went to Sid Er knee. Small bloody world !!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 08:52 pm
you haven't changed a bit - unfortunately - still a funny smell! A general air of...............
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 09:16 pm
I have too - am well potty trained. Don't want to impose but I was thinking I might take the missus and the three youngest over there for a holiday and seeing we are re-acquainted thought that you would insist upon having us as guests for a coupla weeks. November would be good, I could play in the Spring Nationals and you could show the family the sights of syd-er-knee. Ain't you excited - I am !!
See ya then.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:30:06