What do you hate about comic books?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:32 pm
@BillRM,
It's NOT PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS-I am basing them on STUDY BIBLES. You want to study the Bible get yourself a good Study Bible with concordnce and commentary-that will help explain what the Scriptures mean.

God says study to show yourself approved.

My Bishop explained what a Fundamentalist is-they are bad. They use the Bible as a license to do wrong.

I DO NOT DO THAT.

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
I "hate" the stupidity and immaturity of the hero-genre comic books. I've never been able to get into them on any level other than art and concept (e.g. I have enjoyed some comic-book creations in other mediums).

I first had access to them at a later age than most, and was drawn to them due to the art (being into art myself at the time). I won some contests and started buying them but eventually realized I just didn't like anything but the art. I didn't like spending a bunch of money on some ridiculously inflated "collectors" value. I didn't want to be buying crap and trying to preserve it (some comics weren't allowed to be read, stuff like that).

So I guess the ridiculous industry and the god-awful writing is what put me off the most.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:41 pm
@BillRM,
Evangelists had teachings explaining the DANGERS of exposing your kids to things like Harry Potter.
djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:47 pm
@Robert Gentel,
i never bought into the whole collector thing, comic books are for reading, fold the cover back and have at it
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I hate how Christian comics don't get enough exposure.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Evangelists had teachings explaining the DANGERS of exposing your kids to things like Harry Potter.

I am sure they had at the same time they are asking people to send their last damn dollar to them [god], claiming by so doing god will reward them with cash windfalls from heaven.

The low life of low lives are Evangelists for the most part who have no more of a pipeline to god then anyone else.Would you care for me to list the names of some of these low lives my friend?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
It's NOT PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS-I am basing them on STUDY BIBLES. You want to study the Bible get yourself a good Study Bible with concordnce and commentary-that will help explain what the Scriptures mean.

Off hand I would bet I had read the bible more then you had and it is full of an evil and mean/stupid god as shown in almost every page of the old testament.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:28 pm
@BillRM,
You're an atheist.
BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
You're an atheist.

Yes I am and I came to the conclusion that the bible were nonsense at around the age of ten years.

Years later I ran into this comment from one of out founding fathers that is very to the must to the point.

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:23 pm
@wandeljw,
I hate characters like the Spectre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_(comics)

This goes against the Bible.

I hate how companies like Dc and Marvel both have God coexisting in their respective universes with other gods-idols.

Wonder Woman, Orion, Thor and Hercules are characters based in mythology.

The people who make these comics consider God to be a myth so that's why they don't see anything wrong with this.

I am convinced most people who write for DC and Marvel are either agnostic/atheist.

I hate how they have demonic characters like Raven, and Ghost Rider fighting for good and using witchcraft-no such animal.

I hate characters like Lobo-he is immortal because he was kicked out of both Heaven and Hell-no such animal.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
But you do wrong when you attack people and call people names here. How does your bishop advise you there?

Hasn't your god also created other religions? In fact, your god would've created the devil, too.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:51 pm
@Ragman,
Being a Christian means being a follower of Christ.

Those OTHER FAITHS exist because people want to do things THEIR way instead of God's Way. That's why the Bible says God hates religion-it stinks in His nose.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 02:52 pm
@Ragman,
You are right-other people are BAITING. I shouldn't be responding to it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Those OTHER FAITHS exist because people want to do things THEIR way instead of God's Way. That's why the Bible says God hates religion-it stinks in His nose.

Let me see the all powerful creator of the universe have a nose and I assume therefore breath air!

One wonder what he did for air during the first billion years or so that the universe exist and no planet had form an o2 atmosphere yet.

He sure can hold his breathe for a long long time............

Not to mention that you are claiming to know what he find that smell good or bad to him.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
... Just as you do things your way. Not much of a follower of Christ, then, are you?. Especially when you attack others and judge them? However people chose to believe is THEIR business. Christian beliefs such as 'Live and let live', 'do unto others', etc., sort of seems lost on you. Christians and followers of any religion are no better than anyone else. They are entitled to believe or not believe as they wish and not be judged.

I don't need a reminder of word definitions, but you seem to have a flexible scale...critical of others, but not of yourself.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:18 pm
@Ragman,
I let God lead me. I am not a prideful person.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:19 pm
@Ragman,
I don't do everything my way.

MR. RAGMAN- you are GETTING OFF TOPIC-this isn't about me it's about WHAT DO YOU HATE ABOUT COMICS?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:20 pm
It's bad enough they have women characters in comics wearing revealing and provocative attire but they do the same thing to teenage ones. That' is bad.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:20 pm
@Ragman,
on the other hand we see "groups" applauded for "shutting down" Westboro Baptist Church web site for their unpopular religious views. Does not Westboro Baptist church have the same rights as others?
BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 03:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
To sum up your god with the nose is on the same level as Zeus in other word dream up by people who have no understanding of the universe and therefore created a human air breathing god.
0 Replies