The New Ellen Degeneres Show

kerver

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 08:17 pm
I'm not much of a big t.v person, but a couple weeks ago I sat down outta boredom and came across the new ellen degeneres talk show. I found it to be very interesting, funny, and entertaining. Since then I've been watching it pretty steady everyday. She has big stars on the show everyday, and it's just a blast. If you haven't seen it yet you should check it out, you won't regret it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,756 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:46 am
Her glib, wry humor sails the show through a very ordinary format of guest stars and musical finales. The comic style in the interviews is very funny, even better than Leno! I have my DVR set to record the show every day as I'm at work and it's worth watching it rather than some of the other drek on TV.
0 Replies

max

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 11:16 am
She is wonderful! I love the Ellen show.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 11:23 am
I have only caught it once, and that was only for a few minutes, but it managed to make a big impression on me. She was interviewing Justin Timberlake, the subject of the breakup with Britney came up, he was kind of closed-mouthed, she said something like, "Yeah, I can't imagine what it would be like to have such a public breakup..." <deadpan look at camera> It was done just perfectly, was really funny.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 11:44 am
That was just one outrageous comical confrontation. She knows how to humorously put the person being interviewed on the spot and they guffaw as loudly as the audience. She really is beating out Leno for inventive stand-up in her introductory patter. I like the little introductory scene she does as the curtain opens. The one with the dinosaur was really funny.
0 Replies

taffykaydee

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 11:46 am
I love ellen also Very Happy>>>>>>but in the straight way hehe...just thought i'd say it too.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 01:04 pm
Damn. Unfortunately the new Ellen show is another thing that we don't get over here. I'm not a T.V. person much either, but I liked her sit-com too. It sounds really good. I'll try to get this person whom I know to send a copy to me; he has about twenty VCRs and tapes nearly everything, twenty-four hours a day, whilst trying to write a book that subsists of about one-hundred divergent forewards and a two page tale, and one hundred afterwords.

0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 02:07 pm
That sounds like a funny idea for a story, Drom!

I've long been a fan of Ellen Degeneres and her new show is hilarious. I don't watch it every day nor even thought of taping it (too lazy), but I'm always pleased when I remember to watch. The patter with her band leader is funny, as are her dance moves. She's good! Everybody seems so nice.

Great show!
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 04:35 pm
yea, this show is probably the best one out there she is doing a great job, she is very funny.
0 Replies

blue

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 08:05 pm
i love watching ellen, although i'm never near a tv when it's on. her books are hilarious, those, in addition to the show, i highly recommend.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 01:08 am
Did anyone see the one where Missy Elliot was on it?
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 03:03 am
Ellen completely lost me with her sit com that was all about being a lesbian. She has a great sense of humor. I think she blew it big time using sexuality as her claim to fame. I have seen her show. I would consider it mildly entertaining.

Not that I object to anyone's sexual preference, but I feel she went too far to the point of exploitation, which makes me question just how talented she really is and exactly what she does have to offer besides one liner jokes and homosexuality.
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 05:50 pm
i luv the ellen degeneres show! she is sooooo funny, and she actualy has good guests.
0 Replies

solar

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 06:08 pm
I watched it for the first time last thursday. She does make me laugh.
I remember her stand up comedy years ago when she acted really nervous and shy. And her comedy show that got cancelled, had an episode where she did a dating video...i literally rolled off the couch laughing. It was so funny, it hurt!!
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:13 pm
I absolutely love Ellen DeGeneres. She is probably the funniest stand up commedian ever, IMO. Her show is genius. She makes me laugh. I wish I coulld watch it more often, but I'm always working.

I think Britney Spears was my favorite guest of hers. That was a great interview. You could see Britney was VERY nervous and on guard at the beginning and you could see her wall being lowered as time went on. By the end of the interview, the two of them seemed to be really good friends just having a chat like nobody else was there. That is the genius of Ellen DeGeneres.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:20 pm
She was hilarious in Finding Nemo.
0 Replies