@Sturgis,
You AREN'T funny.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 06:15 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I reiterate:

Why are people not taking me seriously? I have not said anything remotely funny, and I am not trying to be funny.

Maybe because we've nailed you as a Poe? Laughing

And, of course, because only a few of us see any sense in living according to Bronze Age mythologies. Wink

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 06:29 am
@Sturgis,
@jgoldman10
jgoldman10 wrote:
You AREN'T funny

I was presenting questions for you. Why didn't you answer them? You are a wise Christian aren't you? Then shouldn't you have the Ed Asners? Can't the Bishop help you figure them out?

Let me ask them again:

If a Christian man has 3 axes and he is without a bride is he a man or is he a weilder of axes?

If a Christian walks in the woods and is killed by a bear but nobody is there to see it did he really get killed by the bear and is he really dead, did he ever even exist?

If a Christian man spills his seed in the apple orchard will the trees become timber for the Bishops Conference tables?

Can a Christian walk under water if there is no boat above?

If the tide is high and the land is low will there be flooding in the valley and will more heathens or pagans be upon the boats?

Are the Christian Brothers sinners for making a putrid brandy and having a winery causing men, women and Goldmans to become drunk and thus enter into sinning?

If the Bible didn't use the word Selah would Sela Ward have had a career?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:25 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I know God is REAL. I am not an atheist.

How do you know for certain that God is true and actual; not imaginary?

There are thousands of other beliefs around the world that people believe in and some are willing to die for their beliefs!
If I were to ask some of them this same question, do you think that it is possible that any of them may share your same reasoning to why their beliefs are true?

Would their reasoning be logical?
I would say that their reasoning would be normal and psychological but not logical! Not by today's standards set by the scientific method.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:29 am
If everything must have been created, then who/what created "God"? If "God" isn't a part of everything, then it follows that "He" doesn't exist. Outside of the imaginations of a number of sluggish individuals, that is. Cool
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:35 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are you a BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN?

I've yet to meet a 'born-again Christian,' who isn't a complete arsehole. I don't have a problem with Christians, just the born again type. People don't take you seriously because you don't deserve to be taken seriously.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:49 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Osiris is a false God- he is not real

When did we discover that Osiris is a false God and that Jehovah is the real deal?
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:13 am
@JGoldman10,
i am Presbyterian.
GracieGirl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:20 am
@hamilton,
My dad doesn't believe in god but I think I do
hamilton

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:36 am
@GracieGirl,
you think?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:48 am
Always listen to your parents.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:51 am
@MontereyJack,
But they're dead, how can I listen to dead people?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 10:34 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Always listen to your parents.

No matter what?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 10:40 am
@hamilton,
Well, I don't know for sure. I've never even been to church. Most of my friends believe in god though. Do you hamilton?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Are you a BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN?

I've yet to meet a 'born-again Christian,' who isn't a complete arsehole. I don't have a problem with Christians, just the born again type. People don't take you seriously because you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Which is the unfortunate bi-product of people like Goldie here.

BTW, by definition if you're a Christian you're "born-again".
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 11:23 am
@Questioner,
Yeah, but it's only those who describe themselves as 'born again' that are areholes. People who just describe themselves as Christian are by and large OK.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 11:39 am
@Questioner,
Questioner wrote:

BTW, by definition if you're a Christian you're "born-again".
That certainly depends on who makes this definition.

I'm a Christian, like 70% of the German population is, by definition, statistics, registry office etc.

(And I'm glad that I might be "by and large OK"., izzy Wink )
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 11:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
By and large, or there and thereabouts Walt.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 11:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
BTW I like your new pic. You look very happy.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
It was done after a very good meal, prepared and with a Christian (here: Catholic) homosexual couple in witch town Salem/MA (and with my wife) Wink
0 Replies