How many members here are Christians?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 01:36 am
@reasoning logic,
You can't be both- no such animal.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 02:18 am
@JGoldman10,
Why cant I be an atheist and profess a belief in the teachings of Jesus?

Do I have to hold the exact understanding of Jesus that you do for me to be a Christian?

Someone has to be the least among us Christians! Watch 22.30

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 02:40 am
@reasoning logic,
That's a parodox- how can you be both?

Atheists do not believe God exists.
Agnostics aren't sure he exists.

I think you are more of an agnostic.
MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 03:55 am
@JGoldman10,
I don't think it's a paradox JG. A lot of atheists believe that Jesus was a real person, they just don't believe that he was the son of God. You can appreciate the wisdom of many of his teachings without believing that he was the son of God, born of a virgin and resurrected after his crucifixion.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 06:21 am
@MonaLeeza,
I know God is REAL. I am not an atheist.
MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 06:51 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know God is REAL. I am not an atheist.

But we weren't talking about you. We were talking about Reasoning Logic's post. The point was that it is possible for some people to be atheists and still follow many of the teachings of Jesus. Are you able to understand and accept that?
Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 07:17 am
@MonaLeeza,
I usually enjoy your posts . . . here, this is for you:

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 08:15 am
@MonaLeeza,
I got you - they don't believe He was the Messiah. That is what a lot of the Jews believe.
MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 03:41 pm
@Setanta,
Oh - Thank you Setanta! I actually love that song.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 06:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
they don't believe He was the Messiah. That is what a lot of the Jews believe.

There are many things that I do not understand and one is that the Jews are God's chosen people yet they did not believe that Jesus was the messiah how could that be. Why would God choose them?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 07:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
The Bible refers to the Jews as a stiff-necked people.
FBM

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 08:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The Bible refers to the Jews as a stiff-necked people.

Dammit. I slept wrong on my pillow last night and woke up Jewish. =(
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 10:51 pm
@FBM,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
roger

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 11:28 pm
@FBM,
And according to demographical data, if you are born in Miami, your parents are Cuban. By the time you die, you've become Jewish.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 11:55 pm
As Susan Werner says,
"I used to be a Catholic. Then I became a lapsed Catholic, and then an elapsed Catholic. For awhile I was a Crystal Methodist, and then a Whiskeypalian. Now I'm a Militant Agnostic".
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 02:35 am
@wmwcjr,
WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TAKING ME SERIOUSLY? I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING REMOTELY FUNNY.
FBM

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 05:17 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

And according to demographical data, if you are born in Miami, your parents are Cuban. By the time you die, you've become Jewish.

Whew. Glad I wasn't born in Miami. That's a complicated life. I think I'll just stick with being a heathen. Much simpler. Eat, sleep, die. Game over. Less is more, sometimes, eh? Wink
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 05:19 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TAKING ME SERIOUSLY? I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING REMOTELY FUNNY.

Got that right, Poe. It's hard to take anybody seriously who writes in ALL CAPS and thinks it makes their argument stronger. Laughing
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 05:22 am
@FBM,
I reiterate:

Why are people not taking me seriously? I have not said anything remotely funny, and I am not trying to be funny.

Sturgis

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 05:58 am
@JGoldman10,
If a Christian man has 3 axes and he is without a bride is he a man or is he a weilder of axes?

If a Christian walks in the woods and is killed by a bear but nobody is there to see it did he really get killed by the bear and is he really dead, did he ever even exist?

If a Christian man spills his seed in the apple orchard will the trees become timber for the Bishops Conference tables?

Can a Christian walk under water if there is no boat above?

If the tide is high and the land is low will there be flooding in the valley and will more heathens or pagans be upon the boats?

Are the Christian Brothers sinners for making a putrid brandy and having a winery causing men, women and Goldmans to become drunk and thus enter into sinning?

If the Bible didn't use the word Selah would Sela Ward have had a career?