How has travelling affected you?

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 07:35 am
"How has travelling affected you?"

I am reallly curious about how you avid travelers have been affected by travelling. The first thread had no focus.

So let's go from:
"What you have learned, impressed you the most or was the greatest experience from your travels."

To: "HOW HAS TRAVELLING AFFECTED YOU?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 935 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 02:18 pm
Hi BillyFalcon, Good question. What I've learned is that everybody on this planet wants good things for their children. I've had so many great/good experiences on my travels that it's difficult to name one. I guess one of the major benefits of world travel is our opportunity to meet people around this small world of ours, and make some friendships - not only people in foriegn lands, but also fellow travel mates from the US and elsewhere. I've kept in touch with several of the guides I've had in Egypt, India, and South Africa. Some of the travel mates I've met live in Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, and all across the US. Some have even visited us in Northern California, and we have had the pleasure to show them the wine country, San Francisco, and the Jelly Belly Candy Factory. A Judge/Law Professor from Utah visited us twice. I met them on my first tour of Egypt. On all my travels, I've traveled with only one couple twice. Retired professors from Cal Poly I met on my first trip to Kenya and Tanzania called me after the trip to ask if I would be interested in a South Africa trip. We completed that trip last year in April.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:53 pm
I just noticed this thread, and mean to reply, but not this evening..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:53 pm
I just noticed this thread, and mean to reply, but not this evening..
0 Replies