Graphics in Asia

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 08:30 am
Trying to find a way to put this, although I don't know anything about the subject, which makes it hard:

I've noticed in Asia the graphics for advertisments are what I initially considered 'bad' but now what I consider (to me) visually 'incoherent', as in the layout is quite 'flat' and not very 'dynamic'. I know that western graphics are based on mathematical 'rules' concerned with perspective etc. Is it the case that this approach to graphics in west is derived from the 'technical' approach of renaissance painters, and that is why it is 'absent' in this part of the world?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,425 • Replies: 2
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:07 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
I remember watching an artist in Calcutta drawing a movie poster. He had a grid pattern on the large canvas and then he draws outline of the faces and scenery. He then fill in the colors. I think that is how the advertisements are done by commercial artists.
Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:19 pm
@talk72000,
They used to be done that way in Thailand too, but because it's cheaper to print a computer graphic, this is now going the way of the dinosaur. It's too bad, some of these artists were really good.
0 Replies