Bush family has it any Jewish heritage?

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:28 pm
I would concur, D'artagnan, but I'm smelling a pattern...dunno why.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:34 pm
You're prolly right, cav. I sensed the same...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:38 pm
Setanta wrote:
Damn . . . we don't get to offend no one ?

Albert = very distinguished.
Walter = powerful lord; the one, who leads the army.

Only clarifying.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:54 pm
My real name is Lothar, and apparently, I am King of the Hill People.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:58 pm
There are, indeed, a disproportionate amount of Jews in the entertainment industry (by some stats).

There is also a disproportionate amount of Australians. And Canadians. And most of all, Americans.

The reasons for this are complex but usually not the conspiratorial drek some tout. It can be as simple as location or timing. The US has a disproportionate amount of the world's stars because many innovations in the entertainment industry are American. If some other nation had done as much to craete the film industry we'd all be wathcing their films with their stars.

The Jews have done well in the entertainment industry right from the start, there might be a "birds of a feather" element of the networking but it's hardly restricted to Jews and it's certainly not a "prerequisite". Many minorities go out of their way to help their peers in the business. Black artists and black producers often do this, as do almost all other minorities.

The majorities do so as well, and whites have, in the past, had a decided advantage in the networking world of the entertainment industry.

Blame human nature, leave the Jews alone so that they can control the media in peace*T.I.C..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 02:40 pm
Psst fishin' - Marvin the Martian IS Jewish - he's, er, circumcised under that little, uh, skirt he wears.

Off to dominate the media.

So many stereotypes, so little time.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 02:43 pm
jespah wrote:
Psst fishin' - Marvin the Martian IS Jewish - he's, er, circumcised under that little, uh, skirt he wears.

Shocked He told me that was a Catholic thing! lmao
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:24 pm
Oooooooooooo . . . Jespah, Jespah, Jespah--while yer dominating the media, can you get my cable bill fixed?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 05:08 pm
CdV - as I recall, the biggest entertainment 'factories' are in India and Turkey. Hardly an industry dominated by one particular faith.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 05:21 pm
I think the closest the Bushs' come to the jews is their huggy kissy relationship with hitler back in the day.......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 06:03 pm
Isn't George a Jewish name? The only George I know IRL is Jewish, so that must be true, right?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 06:03 pm
I'm off to get a clue now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 09:48 pm
cav-stand up is your call, give up that cooking thing. its been quite awhile since mein ass has been laughed off so well .
Made my day.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 02:08 pm
This constant obsession people seem to have with Jews and Isreal is pathetic. Get a life, and perhaps, a brain.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 11:02 pm
Is this some sort of anti-semite thread? Mad Y'all should be ashamed.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:16 am
Just so everyone is clear on this....Iron, yes, I completely agree. I am Jewish. The original question of this thread bothered me enough to hijack it in a completely sarcastic manner. I hope that also clears things up for Twisted_Ferret. It's not the thread that is anti-semetic, it was the original post.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 12:46 am
OK, I see. I was wondering why the mods would have let it go if it was.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 03:01 pm
My first name is Judith. A couple years ago I met an Israeli man who asked me if I knew what my name meant. I said - I believed it meant admired, praised or leader of man.
He said no and laughed, my name means Female Jew.
Not bad for an Irish Catholic Canadian.
0 Replies