walking upright.....

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:10 am
Walking upright is sometimes cited as evidence for hominid to human evolution...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxDI3s21yf8
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,611 • Replies: 23
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:31 am
@gungasnake,
So are you practicing?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:34 am
He's also found a "Grow your own opposable thumbs" kit from the back of a comic book that he's trying currently. I hope it works, cuz this idiot is definitely in need of some evolution.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:45 am
Gorillas could function perfectly well in our world, several of the ones having been taught deaf signs checking out as having IQs in the 100 - 110 range. That's better than most demoKKKrats and totally adequate for at least half of American jobs. They're basically friendly, good at climbing, and eight or ten times stronger than we are through the arms and shoulders, if we can't find uses for that something is wrong.

Chimps on the other hand are basically evil-minded and vicious and could not serve any useful function in human society no matter how bright they might be.

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:49 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Gorillas could function perfectly well in our world. Chimps on the other hand are basically evil-minded and vicious and could not serve any useful function in human society no matter how bright they might be.

You are living proof of this, Koko.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:06 am
@kickycan,
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iYrhopY-rI4/TI_XjulwjQI/AAAAAAAAGkE/MxPuWmCmLvo/s1600/asshole-posters.jpg
Fido

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:15 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Gorillas could function perfectly well in our world, several of the ones having been taught deaf signs checking out as having IQs in the 100 - 110 range. That's better than most demoKKKrats and totally adequate for at least half of American jobs. They're basically friendly, good at climbing, and eight or ten times stronger than we are through the arms and shoulders, if we can't find uses for that something is wrong.

Chimps on the other hand are basically evil-minded and vicious and could not serve any useful function in human society no matter how bright they might be.

I will not argue in defense of democrat or republican intelligence... The democrats are more emotionally well balanced and connected; but not a damned bit smarter than the republicans... How do you give anyone good grades for repeating behavior time and time again; often through their entire life times expecting good results to follow when good results never once follow that behavior before??? The reason politician act as they do is that their bad behavior is rewarded... But why do we do as we do when our behavior bears no fruit??? The only explanation is that both parties are populated by idiots... What do you think???
gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:10 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
I will not argue in defense of democrat or republican intelligence... The democrats are more emotionally well balanced and connected; but not a damned bit smarter than the republicans... How do you give anyone good grades for repeating behavior time and time again; often through their entire life times expecting good results to follow when good results never once follow that behavior before??? The reason politician act as they do is that their bad behavior is rewarded... But why do we do as we do when our behavior bears no fruit??? The only explanation is that both parties are populated by idiots... What do you think???

More like both parties populated by people who don't see themselves as having any real options.

The problem is that a country like Italy with a dozen political parties could have one or two of them go rogue without damage... We can't afford to have one of our two parties go rogue; that forces the other party into unnatural positions just to compete. Worse, it's basically illegal to vote for a third party candidate in most American elections, i.e. you're basically just assuring your least favorite candidate of victory by ever voting for a third party.

The stranglehold on power by the two parties has to be broken before the system can be fixed. The most major part of what is needed throughout the land is runoff or instant runoff elections for all public offices.

What this all really leads to is the concept of a

Voters Bill of Rights

To me at least such a bill would look more or less as follows:

The first item of such a bill HAS TO BE runoff elections or instant runoff elections for all public offices.
Nobody should ever fear to vote his first choice, at least on a first ballot, and nobody should ever hold any public office with less than 50% of the vote.

There should also be a None-Of-Above choice on all ballots for public office and if that choice ever wins, then the other candidates should be barred for life from holding any public office and the parties sponsoring them should be barred for at least ten years from sponsoring candidates for that particular office. The penalty for running dead wood for public offices should be severe.

Another item on such a voters' bill of rights should be something which would eliminate voting fraud and stolen elections as in the case of Al Franken for all time. That might mean getting rid of the secret ballot, or it could mean that when an election is within one percentage point, send both people to congress with half of a vote each. You could expect them to split their vote on ideological issues but vote identically on issues which affect their own district.

There should be a provision that when a president is impeached and removed, his VP goes out the door with him and the office is either vacant until the next election or an emergency election is held to fill the office for the remainder of the current term. Granted removing a president should be difficult but it should not be impossible and if we couldn't remove Slick, we'd not have been able to remove Hitler or Nero either.

What happened in 98/99 was that Trent Lott simply refused to hand the presidency over to Algor with a year to go on Slick's second term, for obvious reasons. The situation should not be possible.

A person should need to be a US citizen for 18 years before voting in a US election. It should not be possible for a rogue political party to rule our land by simply importing large voting blocks for itself.

There should also be some mechanism to prevent utterly unqualified people from holding high offices. Certainly a candidate for president or vice president, or for US Senator or member of the House of Representatives should need to obtain the same basic and simple secret level security clearance which anybody would need to be a guard at the gate of any military base in our land. That isn't asking for much but it would have spared us from the last two democrat presidents.

There are a few other things you'd want but that's the main gist of it. There is also a question as to the extent the people should be voting on issues directly since we now have the technology to allow that while the founding fathers did not. You could get some of these evil social issues settled once and for all and out of politics, and you could limit the scope for corruption and bribery by letting the people themselves settle at least some kinds of issues.

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:49 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iYrhopY-rI4/TI_XjulwjQI/AAAAAAAAGkE/MxPuWmCmLvo/s1600/asshole-posters.jpg

Okay, I admit it, you're an asshole.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:22 pm
@gungasnake,
Thats how evolution works. WHat is it that you fail to get through that lead lined skullcap that you sport?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:47 pm
That's not evolution, just a gorilla who watched humans enough to visualize the advantage of walking upright.

The question is why anybody would think you need evolution to succeed in life. All that guy needs is a three month course in signing, a briefcase to put whatever he's carrying around in, and to start calling himself Charles or Stanley instead of "Ambam", and he's basically made it, and could go anywhere.
farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:14 pm
@gungasnake,
Gunga While I will defend to the death,your right to think like a total moron, please do not criticize me that I do not share in your delusions. I know that your beliefs have robbed you of all abilities to think rationally and objectively, mine have not.

I see that, within the last few days, a "skull cap" of some Carboi=niferous aged "human" was analyzed in Taiwan National University. The "Sample" was collected in secret. It was not documented as to the starta from which it was collected. No QA on the sampling and packing was documented. The "Sample" was only sent to one researcher (IN TAIWAN for Chrissakes). The Taiwan scientist did thin section analyses of what appears to be a "Coalified" section of some kind of skull cap. (It was supposedly subjected to at least two cranial capacity via curvature closure calculations) The subject sample was determined to be a "skull cap" of a hman of cranial capacity of 1600 + cc's. The neurons and ossicles and skeletal structures were scanned by energu=y dispersive Xray.

The sample was not shared or discussed with anyone at Penn, Penn State, Pitt. Princeton, Cornell, or any other big University within 150 mile rdius of the site. 'THEN the results are self published by a Taiwanese "scientist" who bought the collectors story that it came from "in between the coal Measures of MAhanoy City Pa"

Is that science? I hope you look this one up and soon post some drek about it. I shall be happy to show you the errors that come from your lack of a logical/reasonable thought process
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:17 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
That's not evolution, just a gorilla who watched humans enough to visualize the advantage of walking upright.
And who says that behavioral mimicry ios not a tool in evolution. When finches of Galapogos exploited different resources available on different islands, how do you know that mimicry was NOT the means that such resource exploitation began ?.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:19 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Gorillas could function perfectly well in our world, several of the ones having been taught deaf signs checking out as having IQs in the 100 - 110 range.

IQs in the 100-110 range? Really? Based on your believing that one, your IQ must be in about the 50 range.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:44 pm
I'll say it again for the benefit of anybody who might someday chance to be involved in any sort of decision-making involving gorillas.

The kind of thing which "think tanks" and institutions instinctively try to do, i.e. find remote parts of the world to set up "preserves" for gorillas, is 100% the wrong answer. These creatures could function perfectly well in our world and NOTHING on this planet which works for a living is in any danger of extinction.

You wouldn't even be talking about gorillas joining the consumer economy. All you'd be talking about is finding forested areas for them to live which weren't too far from human habit, feeding them, and telling them that we could use a bit of help with the heavy lifting two or three days out of the week.

farmerman

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:52 pm
@gungasnake,
More idiocy. Ever hear of habitat destruction or poaching for meat?

Tell your ideas to the passenger pigeons
gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
More idiocy. Ever hear of habitat destruction or poaching for meat?

Everything in the world like that is vastly easier to control or stop in the US than it is in Africa. Those creatures have no future in Africa. The only thing which guarantees wild species survival by paying for it in Africa is hunting and no game hunters are interested in apes.

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 06:20 am
@gungasnake,
Moving on to his second topic, "manumission of our gorilla captives".
gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:04 am
@farmerman,
I'm not talking about emancipation or anything of the sort at all. What I AM talking about is a happy business arrangement, as an alternative to "preserves" which could turn into killing fields at the first economic downturn.

I.E. another instance of a real-world solution vs the typical libtard solution.
parados

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 10:33 am
@gungasnake,
ON the good news side.. If Koko has an IQ of about 80-85 she could take over repairing water softeners.