Tunesia, Egyt and now Yemen: a domino effect in the Middle East?

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 11:35 am
Some reports suggest that many countries which had frozen Libyan assets may be moving to release them quickly.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 11:36 am
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Oh yeah hawk, and just what is it that comes out of chaos? Hopefully the dominos will continue to fall. Two down, and how many to go? These people are in it to win. Give me liberty or give me death

You just don't get it.
What percentage of Iraqi's would you say think that they and their nation have been better off with Saddom gone....after ten years of war and now that the nation is broken into parts ? And he was way more brutal than has been Gaddafi.
Pemerson

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 11:48 am
@hawkeye10,
That is apples and oranges, though. The people in Iraq did not did not gather enmasse to protest against the three butchers ruling their country. America just started the shock and awe, alone. Like in the Lone Ranger, and that's why we are still there fighting and nation building at the same time without much help.
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 11:57 am
@Pemerson,
Quote:
You just don't get it.

I started a reply to your last post, Pemerson, wherein I said, "might I suggest that you don't get it". "might" is out the window. You clearly don't get it; "nation building/ the Lone Ranger -" what a crock of ****! what childish fantasies!

It's a war crime to illegally invade another nation to effect regime change.

spendius

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Is this the beginning of the end for Gaddafi?

Before we commit ourselves to an answer to that question, ci, it might be as well if you gave us your opinion first because we all know what references to our ignorance and stupidity will be forthcoming should we not agree with it.

It was the end of Gadaffi once NATO took the position it did.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:32 pm
@Pemerson,
And when it comes to all the middle-east, which you obviously wish, what will the price of oil be?
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:33 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
America just started the shock and awe,

As Layla says, y'all just vomit perfidy.

Quote:
Vomiting Perfidy

By Layla Anwar

September 2, 2010 "Arab Woman Blues" - -Since yesterday I have been vomiting my insides out...

My first bout of vomit came after I read a transcript of your President's speech, his speech to the "nation". Because you consider yourselves a nation ?!

It started off with an uneasiness felt in the pit of my stomach, then quickly transformed itself into a queasiness, then into a foul nausea, only to erupt like a dammed out volcano into violent throes of pure vomit...

I have over the past 20 years or so, developed a high intolerance to perfidy and you throughout your history have excelled in perfecting what I am most allergic to...

You literally make me sick.

Change - you clamored like a herd of sheep, while munching, ruminating like cattle every word that is fed to you...Black and White, even those retards who call themselves American Arabs and Muslims rejoiced at Uncle Tom's arrival to the White House.

Oh the "principled", "moralistic" prudish puritanical perverts called Americans, always showing up late for change...always jumping on the bandwagon, when the train has already passed...

The peace loving war mongers of the new world order is what you are. Fake and ignorant to the bone.

So you pride yourselves on being "a good people", a "compassionate" "sharing caring hugging" people -- nothing but Perfidy.

For 20 years, I witnessed my country, the land of my father, my mother, my ancestors, disintegrate before my very eyes...20 ******* years. 20 ******* years.

Twenty years of people -- first withering, wilting away, like flowers never allowed to see the light, never allowed to turn their faces to the sun, then from fading into shadows, faltering into a colorless background...bombed, massacred, slaughtered into a nothingness...the same nothingness that inhabits you daily...the same nothingness that makes you rush to your shrink, the same nothingness that you feed with your junk, the same nothingness that you fill with your consumer products...the same nothingness of your void, of the pit, the deep pit that you all live in, and I throw up some more, from the pits of my belly....

So you "sacrificed" for us, so you liberated us from "tyranny", so you "lived up to your responsibilities" --- like you did in Falluja, Haditha, Mahmoudiya, Baghdad, Basra, Mosul, Ramadi...ยจ"kill the motherfuckers" you shouted...and your wives masturbated to your love letters, or shed a few tears while waving that infamous flag...the flag of a degenerate, decaying country that has offered nothing but murder, carnage and mayhem...

You liberated us from "dictatorship" with 5 times the size of a Hiroshima and a Nagasaki...you liberated us until there was no space left in our morgues, and 7 and half years later, we still search for the dead...you liberated us until our streets turned into pools of blood, and mosques became torture dungeons where those hajjis were having their eyes plucked out and their flesh drilled, you liberated us so we can be abducted, raped and murdered for a 1000$ or for wearing lipstick...you liberated us so our bodies can float on the Tigris and Euphrates, mutilated unrecognizable...you liberated us alright...stuffing us in prisons cells, covering us with your piss and excrements, or handing us to your mercenaries and your pimps and whores in turbans, while you fucked the prostitutes specially brought to you in your Green Fortress... and while the rest of us lived in walled ghettos that you constructed for us...

You liberated us alright...and you lived up to your principles, your ideals and your responsibilities...

But I do grant you one thing, you computerized, digitalized death for us...you see, thanks to you our morgue is now equipped with the latest technology, so 7 years down the line, we can finally go and find the corpse of a loved one, maybe. We even got numbers, serial numbers, you are serial killers and we get serial numbers...

We carry numbers wherever we go, number on our passports, on our ID cards, on our prison bracelets, and even on our dead bodies...the numbers follow us to the cemeteries, we got plenty of them today...all this reconstruction money, we built cemeteries with...well not quite, you stole the money...billions of dollars, so we turned gardens and parks into graveyards...our children play there, amidst the wailing of mothers in perpetual grief...

You are indeed a brave people...a noble, brave people. See, all what you've done for us! Your generosity will be recorded in history annals...and you will be used as a historical example, a model of a country and a people of great integrity -- just like the New Iraq model.

[Read on Pemerson (yeah right, like you even read this far)]

http://arabwomanblues.blogspot.com/2010/09/vomiting-perfidy.html

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:35 pm
@spendius,
Your question is obviously rhetorical, Spendi.

Layla Anwar - A woman of Iraq

Oh the "principled", "moralistic" prudish puritanical perverts called Americans, always showing up late for change...always jumping on the bandwagon, when the train has already passed...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:37 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

It's a war crime to illegally invade another nation to effect regime change.
It is even worse when you do it after going to the UN to get permission to protect the people with a no fly zone so that one side can not use its airforce to attack "civilians" and you then parley that into a mandate to enact regime change, and then for many months are you attempt to decapitate the regime by assassinating the dictator with precision munitions you deny that you are working on regime change and the UN never objects that it order is not being followed.

The UN and NATO have lost all credibility and rights to rule, they are no longer legitimate. But absent benevolent civilizations from the galaxy willing to come to our aid using their military to depose the UN and NATO what are we to do?
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The UN and NATO have lost all credibility and rights to rule, they are no longer legitimate. But absent benevolent civilizations from the galaxy willing to come to our aid using their military to depose the UN and NATO what are we to do?

How is it possible that you forgot to mention the role of the most powerful nation on the planet in these machinations of evil, Hawk. That's not like you.
spendius

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:42 pm
Have you seen the performance of Alex Crawford and Anna Botting in Libya. Sweet Alex is interviewing a crowd of Libyan blokes and she's the only one with a tin hat on complete with chin strap. And the only one in a flak jacket. I suppose it must be Health and Safety regulations in Sky TV.

And Anna doesn't half come over as authoritative and decisive. I think they must have spent too much of their childhoods smacking their doll's bottoms.

Neither have the slightest interest in Libya. They are just promoting the hegemony of the monstrous regiment of women. And Murdoch bought into that years ago for strictly commercial reasons.

And they look totally ridiculous.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 12:51 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
How is it possible that you forgot to mention the role of the most powerful nation on the planet in these machinations of evil, Hawk. That's not like you.
I admit to a strong urge to physically rub the smirk off of Obama's face when he gets on the podium with his sanctimonious lectures to the world centered around the "rights of the people", given that he clearly does not give a **** about that. Obama believes in using power to impose ones will, which is exactly what Gadaffi did well for 41 years, till a bigger power decided to get rid of him...that being the trio of the US, France and the UK....not the people of Libya.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 01:15 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
America just started the shock and awe,

I didn't say I agreed with the bombing of Iraq, because I did not. I know what happened to people like Layla. And, I did read all of Vomiting Perfidy.
Pemerson

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 01:33 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

And when it comes to all the middle-east, which you obviously wish, what will the price of oil be?

I wish? What do I wish? I'm merely commenting on the fact it seemed impossibly cruel to not assist the people in, i.e., Syria? I read newspapers, listen to news, etc., almost constantly and don't need to read what is said, quoted, on this forum. I won't make same mistake again.

What is the best example of what you would prefer to happen should you find yourself in situation where your leader has been a murderous tyrant for decades. Do you like the results in Iraq best, or would that be Egypt, or Syria?
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 08:45 pm
@Pemerson,
I guess I didn't note your sarcasm, Pemerson. My apologies.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 10:37 am
@JTT,
The stated reasons, of which I don't see a reason to doubt, NATO started an air campaign is because the rebels of Libya and the Arab League asked us to so that Qaddafi would not wipe out the protesters who he called dogs deserving of death.

Arab League Endorses No-Flight Zone Over Libya

No such thing happened in Iraq in 2003.

NATO still remains until that danger is passed. Their mission was not regime change and its still not.

Your right, there is and has been a lot of the US has either ignored or even sanctioned which might justify begging the question of why we interfered with the spring uprising of Libya but not elsewhere. Syria is right now going through the same thing in regards to having protesters shot at. I think the difference was in the scale of the spoken threat by Qaddafi towards the "dogs" as he called them.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 11:33 am
@Pemerson,
Quote:
I wish? What do I wish?

That seemed pretty obvious from--

Quote:
Hopefully the dominos will continue to fall.

So back to the question. What will the price of oil be when all the dominoes have fallen and the whole population is democratically involved in deciding how much to pump for us rather than just a few who we allow to win races at Royal Ascot and to stop at Claridges while one of their wives is having an operation in Harley Street?
spendius

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:10 pm
@spendius,
Sky News 2.00 pm. Kate comes on straight from a morning's primping. Over to Anna who has got herself into Tripoli, we think, with extra large tin hat straight from wardrobe, unblemished, flak jacket and her mouth looking very much like Billie Whitelaw's in that play of Beckett's which only show her lips in the extensive monologue and which scared half the audience enough for them to bolt. She did a lead in from her safe position for sweet Alex and a re-run of a piece from 36 hours ago. Then a word from Ouna at NATO headquaters, a strict librarian type of ceiling buster, once again stating the bleeding obvious. Back to Anna for more self evident tripe and then back to Kate in the studio in London so she could interview Lisa who concluded that it was an "ongoing situation". Mutual incomprehension and resignation gestures with shoulders and carefully tended eyebrows.

Very nice. They were the only women shown in the half hour. This Monstrous Regiment of Women is reduced to gossipping about what the blokes are up to. Efeminsculated by the side of Madame Lupescu, King Carol of Roumania's mistress.

His first Queen, and he was king three times, was Carmen Sylva who so charmed Clemenceau and Lloyd George at the Paris peace conference that Roumania was doubled in size.

That's a feminist. Monkeys can witter away all afternoon.

I know a number of ladies who won't watch Sky News because of this tribe Murdoch has imported. They are, and look like, parrots.

The BBC's main news led with Libya and with not one single female in sight. If, as Rider Haggard said, "women are the same the world over" we can only assume that Kay, Anna, Alex, Ouna and Lisa would, if they were Libyan women, be cringing and cowering in their hovels with intermittent bouts of wailings and arm wavings. If we men were Libyans we would be fighting on one side or the other.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:11 pm
@spendius,
So you are more interested in the price of gas than wether people are being murdered?
spendius

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 12:15 pm
@RABEL222,
What's new?
0 Replies