Tunesia, Egyt and now Yemen: a domino effect in the Middle East?

JTT

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:03 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You're as subjective as a nanny goat on heat.

Reluctant as I am to incur more [which means double, double plus point 3 of double, ????] of Roger's wrath, does BrE use 'on' in all/most applications of 'heat' with the meaning of sexual readiness, Spendi.

NaE, at least the dialects I'm familiar with, uses 'in' heat.

These little tidbits are highly informative for ESL teachers so that you don't whack a student upside the head for merely using a pattern found in another dialect.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:20 pm
@JTT,
spendi's "On heat" means they're walking on fire.

spendi, You can assert all you want; all you have to do is provide "evidence" for it, and don't take it out of context - as you usually do.
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I may be a goat in heat, but you're impotent - in your posts.

Ad hominem ci. I showed your subjectivity. I don't need to assert it. And I said "nanny goat".

You wrote--" They want to be free...."

I just saw Gadaffi sticking out of the top of a car driving through cheering crowds. Who is your "they"? Obviously not all Libyans. There's your subjectivity. Sticking out like a bandaged thumb in a rifle-drill parade.

And none of our leaders dare drive through the streets like that. I'm assuming it wasn't a double.

We are only "free" to the extent that we have been conditioned to behave in ways that are not considered destabilising. Do you think your "they" are ready for being set free?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:24 pm
@spendius,
Your impressions are easily duped, but I don't expect any less from you.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know about that, CI, but I'm interested in these differences.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:28 pm
@spendius,
No, but I do have one question for spendi. If you truly believe Libyans are free under Gaddafi, why don't you try it out in Libya for a couple of years?

I'm sure the pubs there will welcome you with open arms.
roger

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:40 pm
@JTT,
You mean your posts? Not very damn often. Why would anyone want to read that crap?
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 03:45 pm
@roger,
Then it affected you not at all, Roger, so what were you moaning about?
roger

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 04:29 pm
@JTT,
Wrong. Your garbage shows up as new posts. Same old crap.
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 04:31 pm
@roger,
When I see you writing something I disagree with I address it, Roger, but it seems you just lack cojones.

Better stick to your pablum.
roger

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 04:42 pm
@JTT,
You just lack something to say on topic. Hence, not worth further response.
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 04:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No, but I do have one question for spendi. If you truly believe Libyans are free under Gaddafi, why don't you try it out in Libya for a couple of years?

I didn't say that they are free. What am I supposed to do if you never learned how to read?

Freedom has nothing to do with the imposition of a political system. Calling what you have "freedom" is just another aspect of your subjectivity.

Ionus

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 05:56 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Sunk your little "rule" again.
Your stupidity is already legend...no need to improve on it .

Quote:
You still haven't provided a source that backs your "rules".
Do you really believe that ? Are you truly psychotic or are just pretending ?

Quote:
I never said there were no rules in the English language
So you know them all ? Perhaps you have a PhD in English ? Should we cite you as a rule ?

Your inability to feel anything but success in pathetic and dismal failure leads to such statements as the breast feeding massacres . Not only are you an expert on war crimes (all war crimes are committed by the USA), but the North Koreans schooled you thoroughly in English Grammar.....

Quote:
You've sunk your rules so many times now that I've lost count.
Your life is so full of delusions I wonder how you can see the keyboard .

Quote:
you once read something in some silly style manual
You think accuracy is style ? No wonder you think you are the only one who knows I am a war criminal.....why dont you go to the Police, Interpol, the UN...you are an accessory to war crimes and now you KNOW every rule in the English language, opting for expression that is not accurate but all touchy feely.....tell us again how you are comparable to Shakespeare....

Quote:
Your nonsense "rules" have, as far as I know, never even existed.
I am shocked !! They have English rules they never told you about ? Is that your PhD in English coming through again ? There are entire libraries full of what you dont know .

Quote:
How intellectually dishonest is that?
Would you say it is MORE dishonest then your "knowledge" of war crimes ?

Quote:
The first rule I checked for your "source", in another thread, when another poster cited it, she had botched it up.
Do you have trouble citing references ? I know you have trouble looking them up when they dont agree with you .

Quote:
The very fact that they have to be drilled shows that they are alien to the natural workings of the language system.
You are either too stupid to understand or are so belligerent as to not want to....I explained it before...trying moving your lips as you read the words slowly.....rules are to make sure the language does not change too fast in one direction from local influence....that people ignore the rules allows the language to change.....it is a constant struggle between staying the same (not a great idea) and changing too quickly (not a great idea either) . This is very simple...why do you choose to not understand ? Does your mind still work or has your love or war crimes twisted you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's evident that Anus has difficulty with English grammar.
Come now, Silly Female Impersonator, dont you have enough trouble with other topics you cant comprehend without making a fool of yourself over this one too ?

Quote:
"I'm going to pour more coffee for all of you." The quantity is not known.
Yes it is.....it is more than they have......much more is very dependent on what one considers much . It is too touchy feely to be of use when more means the same thing without the addition of much . Try saying something like twice the amount .
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:09 pm
@JTT,
JTT Thank you for all that you have shared. I do find great value in your work and many others that you disagree with!
We all get things wrong at time me you and everyone else. We all seem to be mentally retarded at times! I am going to start a new thread titled "Mental masturbation."

I do hope that this thread may shed some light on how we all get it wrong at times when we feed our Id, ego and super-ego!
Ionus

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:15 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Pedantically I take your point in this instance
Cant read can stupid ?

Quote:
pedantic
Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules:
That that is exactly how I would expect someone to feel about rules they had broken . It will all work itself out . Rules will slowly change to reflect what has become accepted . In the meantime, your plea of "its too hard" is acceptable for you, but not me .

Tell us some lies about me being a war criminal, and how good the Vietnam era was for delusional drug taking hippies like yourself.....didnt they cover English rules in those love ins, or was it all "wow man, fancy you being my sister and I like didnt recognise you till after you blew me....pass the weed man"......ahhh, the 60's....dont you miss the irresponsible stupid arrogance of youth ? The know how without knowledge .....the love-ins without love....the cheap and nasty sex producing a "love child" .....the power handling ability of the weak, the experience of youth.....ahhh, the 60's.....
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:25 pm
@JTT,
Of course anyone who believes in super super extraordinary super duper super man will have no trouble in getting in touch with their feelings . How do you feel about the USA and war crimes ? Do you know how you can tell if the CIA did it ? You ask them and if they deny it then they must have done it . Except if they used to work for the CIA and now they make a career out of taking your money to write books saying what bad people they are, in which case they are 100% believable .

That that shows the level of your ability to think clearly and without prejudice . Very Happy You without prejudice.....**** I am sooo funny......
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:26 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
So desu ne!
English is not your native language is it ?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:28 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
So desu ne!
English is not your native language is it ?

Is it yours?
Quote:
Cant read can stupid ?

Ionus

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:37 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
So now you're telling us that you plagiarized this nonsense
Do the Police plagiarise the traffic rules ???? Do you plagarise your "expert knowledge" ( Very Happy hahahaha) of war crimes or have you witnessed them first hand ? Did you lie when you said I was a war criminal ? Did you lie when you said tens of thousands were raped and had their breasts cut off in front of their breast fed babies ?

No wonder you dont know the rules of the English language...your mind knows no structure .

Quote:
What specifically is that "greater quantity" that "you want"?
So you agree there is a need for accuracy rather than touchy feely writing .....about bloody time you saw sense ...

Incidentally, I am MORE than happy to break the rules for the conveyance of feelings...but it is a rule none the less . And accuracy is better than feelings because then the other can generate their own feelings rather than be told what to feel.....something you never will understand...why doesn't everyone go on and on and on about war crimes like you ? Why doesn't everyone hate the mass murderers in the USA...every man woman and child is guilty of murder...remember ?

Quote:
it's just that you don't think before you speak
Shocked Unbelievably ego-centric...