Tunesia, Egyt and now Yemen: a domino effect in the Middle East?

Ionus

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I used to give my kids .05c for every fly they killed
Do you mean .05 of a dollar, which is 5 cents or were you really stingy enough to give them .05 of a cent for every fly ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:33 pm
@Ionus,
Anus, you don't even understand US currency. I'm not surprised.
talk72000

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know if things are getting out of hand.
Yemen snipers shooting at protestors.

Quote:
[Firing from rooftops, snipers kill 46 Yemeni protesters as president clings to 32-year rule
/quote]
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/thousands-yemenis-gather-protests-prayers-police-flood-streets-20110318-030900-275.html
Ionus

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
you don't even understand US currency. I'm not surprised.
Female impersonator , you live there and dont understand it , I AM surprised .
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 04:48 pm
@talk72000,
In Yemen, Talk, things are spinning out of control.
Somewhere in my pile of notes is an analysis of the situation there. The king and the government are, I believe, from the minority group while the majority of the population are not.
Perhaps someone here can summarize the issues more quickly then I can.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:01 pm
@Ionus,
It does seem as you are correct that we do at times use bad info when we describe our currency! I am sure that you all have the same problems as we do, they may be in different areas but I am willing to bet that they are all in the same areas as us!

In every thing we do!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:18 pm
I support US and Western military intervention in Libya, and so am pleased by by the UN 's recent decision.

I do note though that:

It is amazing China and Russia let it pass.

That France and the UK took the role we have come to expect the US to play.
We should wonder what effect Obama's dithering indecision had on the fate of the Libyan people.

Gahdaffi's immediate ceasefire order is hardly the sign of a scared cur. Having taken cities he could not hold, a ceasefire works to his advantage
The silence of the Left is deafening (although I may not be current on this point)

It is by no means assured that the eventual introduction of Western ground troops is off the table. Once you get involved in a war, it's tough to abide by restrictions that might lead to your sacrifices being in vain. When the US and the West goes to war, it wants to win.

spendius

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:53 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
I don't know if things are getting out of hand.

You needn't bother your head about that talk. They are.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
We should wonder what effect Obama's dithering indecision had on the fate of the Libyan people.

Let us all hope and pray, those of us who do pray, that it is less traumatic than the dithering over Hitler had on the Jews of Europe.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 06:30 pm
@spendius,
Spendius would you please comment on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFBY8lBemQ
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 07:15 pm
Art or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvkdNW9WSn4&feature=related
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

You should more concern yourself with the decisions made by that war criminal, George W Bush, and the affects those decisions had on the poor people of Iraq and Afghanistan.

You should wonder back a bit in time and think about the decisions of another war criminal, R Reagan, and the affects that his criminality had on the poor people of Nicaragua.

You should wonder back a bit in time and think about the decisions of yet another war criminal, Bush Sr, with his illegal decision to invade Panama, resulting in the deaths of some 3000 innocents.

All this wondering you're making a pretense of doing only serves to highlight your incredible hypocrisy. You only pretend to care about the people of [fill in the blank country] because you think it gives to a golden opportunity to advance the fatuous notion that the US's various illegal actions around the globe are meant to advance human rights.

That old canard is blown out of the water given the fact that the US is responsible for the deaths of upwards of six million people. That's not advancing human rights, that's advancing your own rapacious greed.

talk72000

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:13 pm
@spendius,
So the no-fly zone should also apply to Yemen.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:13 pm
This is part 2 of 10 I do not know where part 1 is but I do find this info to be enlightening and also humerus!

If you have a problem with this info please share it with us.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
The protestors in Yemen would be more legitimate as the king is a Sunni while the protestors and majority of the Yemenis are Shite. In Libya Gadhafi and the protestors are the same. It is an attempt to steal Libyan oil.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:39 pm
@talk72000,
We really don't know how the anti-Gaddafi forces will treat the citizens of their country once they control the oil.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:46 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000, I would suggest you learn a bit more about arab history/culture/tribalism before making such rash observations---
Quote:
legitimate as the king
talk72000

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 08:53 pm
@dyslexia,
The British carved up the Ottoman Empire so none of the kings are really all that legitimate. There were Arabs before the Romans.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 09:19 pm
@dyslexia,
The issue is democracy not historical links. The king doesn't represent the majority of the people. Given the vote the vote he would be out. That has been the argument regarding Libya. It seems there is no big talk regarding Yemen as it has no oil while Libya has.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 09:24 pm
@talk72000,
the very concept of "democracy" in the arabic world is absurd.