Tunesia, Egyt and now Yemen: a domino effect in the Middle East?

spendius

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:30 pm
@revelette,
There has been a grossly mistaken assumption that Gadaffi had no cards to play.
talk72000

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:52 pm
@spendius,
Libya has a small population and would very difficult to remove anyone. The US has no hold on it in anyway so calling Gadhafi to resign is like barking at at tree. I think we can live with this guy and not aggravate the situation. His mistake was employing so many foreign workers.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:52 pm
@spendius,
Spendius I honestly do not know the answer to who is way, way or really, really I was just curious how you would respond to a statement if it was written similar to a statement of yours?

Your statement { I am a really,really well evolved microbe.}

I did find it odd that you thought it was feminist being it was written similar to yours. I am cool if you are feminist!
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:07 pm
It looks like the "no-fly" thing will get through the UN in an hour or so, with Russia set to vote in favor and China likely to abstain. France, Great Britain and some Arab states may begin air strikes imminently.
spendius

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Oh--I'm a feminist alright. I think women should have whatever they want. But most of them don't know what it is. A few do but I steer clear of them.

I wasn't referring to the "really, really" part. A really well evolved microbe would be a slug or maybe a gerbil. I'm up ahead of that style. They have to wait for the mating season.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
some Arab states may begin air strikes imminently.

I'll believe that when I see it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:09 pm
@spendius,
Me too!
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A newer BBC story says "logistical support" from some unnamed Arab countries.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It amazes me that given your hindsight they have never made you President .
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:20 pm
@Ionus,
He is not religious enough or I would have voted him in!
spendius

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
He is really rl. He behaves like a Christian and that's all that matters.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:29 pm
@spendius,
Spendius what would be wrong with teaching the truth and scientific ethics as the number one subject? Before math and English!
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:31 pm
Will people start snipe shooting police next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCaODMobmZ4&feature=relmfu
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:53 pm
"No fly zone" passes UN Security Council. 10-0 with 5 abstentions.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
You do know that Gaddafi has the most antiaircraft missiles at his hide out don't you!

I wonder if they will take them out first?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
I must admit that I am behind the curve on this story. I, naively perhaps, thought that this would end like Egypt and Tunisia. I am not a big fan of the West intervening even though I realize Gaddafi is crazy and has no problem killing his own people, as it turns out.
I am wary about the next step and then the next steps after that.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
Walter (or someone else): Why did Germany abstain?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
Not speaking for Walter, but I think Germany abstained, because they got involved too often like England, and didn't gain too much in any way.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
We are all behind the curb on this except for those who think they have the empirical answers to everything, Those are under the curb!

I would think that the answer to your question lies some where in the opinions that you have! Why has Germany abstained from the issue? Why do you abstain at times from some things ?
Is it because you may be uncertain of the outcome or perhaps some other reason?
spendius

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Spendius what would be wrong with teaching the truth and scientific ethics as the number one subject? Before math and English!

Nothing. What are they? You couldn't teach something you don't know what it is. Could you??

You could teach that it is 8 minutes past five on the west coast and to look both ways before you cross the road. Would that do?