If some body is sitting in the next room But

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 07:19 pm
yes. and he's making fun of the trees in my back yard. Let's see if HE gets any of the pecans next Fall.
sand11

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 07:19 pm
@permoda12345,
If you ask. If somebody is in the room. Of cours he exists. because if someone is in the room even you can't hear or see him he exists. because he is in the room. But in reality is the question if someone is in the room... makes sance?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 11:57 pm
@permoda12345,
Quote:
but blue hair people are not created because they are not in our experience ?

This is my point about it becoming absurd as to why things would only be created in certain ways and not just become a crazy hodgepodge of things. Why wouldn't we create purple dinosaurs? You could try to rationalize it by saying that our minds are the thing that is in control and we have no control over it, but that wouldn't really answer the question. So it couldn't be based off what you experience because had you never experienced something why would your mind then create it?

Safe to say the theory that things only come into existence when they enter your field of experience is wrong. I know it sounds philosophical and there is actually no absolute way to determine your theory as being correct or not but there are clues that point out that it is just not the case. It would be too much for one mind to do alone and I can't imagine that it wouldn't make mistakes where absolutely bizarre things would pop up from time to time, but they don't.

Despite the fact that it is hard to determine. This existence will be here even after your mind is no longer functioning. It was here before you arrived and it will be here long after you are gone.
permoda12345

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:19 am
@Krumple,
I appreciate your philosophy and I'm saving your answers in my computer to translate them into my language , to read them again and learn this unique philosophy .
Thanks .
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 02:36 am
No, permoda, we don't exist. None of the six billion of us exist. No one is typing an answer to you. It is all a figment of your overactive imagination. You don't actually see a room and a computer keyboard in front of you. You're not actually seeing anything. It's just random firing of the neurons in your brain that make you think you see something or can touch anything.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 03:10 am
@permoda12345,
Quote:
I appreciate your philosophy and I'm saving your answers in my computer to translate them into my language , to read them again and learn this unique philosophy .
Thanks .

Thank you permoda. I hope your translation works out alright. After rereading what I wrote I can see that it might turn out to sound negative which I didn't mean it to. I tend to use the personal pronoun too much when I should use reflexive adverbs. So I want to apologize for that because it is just simple english laziness at it's finest.

I just want to say I enjoy your questions and I don't want to discourage you from continuing to ask questions. I personally think that we don't ask enough questions so I would hate to discourage anyone from asking them.

Most of my responses are not professional and probably contain errors. But you probably already understand that, just wanting to remind you that taking others points of views are just as important.

Going back to your question for a moment. In reality all our experiences are just signals interpreted by our brains, so we can't be certain that what we experience is actually real or substantially significant of it's own existence. But the fact that our brains would be even doing something to begin with like that calls into question, why would our brains be creating these things then if they don't actually exist?

I tend to fall towards the simplest explanation defeats a complex one. And to say that things don't exist outside our field of experience is too complex then. So I favor a more simple explanation, and that is that things exist independent of our experience. It's why I hate the koan, if a tree falls in the woods with no one around, does it make a sound. It is a simple answer for me but people want to some complex explanation when one isn't even needed.
permoda12345

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:56 am
@Krumple,
Don't worry I'm a translator and a writer for more than 15 years ago , And your right because many translators fail to translate the exact meanings of the writer , But I do my best to avoid changing information.

My friend is from Morocco and I'm sending your answers to her , but she speaks French , so I have to translate your discussions and answers for her into Arabic . And she sends the information to her father her family to read them .
Knowledge is the real miracle for people who appreciate it .

Thanks a lot .

permoda12345

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:01 am
@chai2,
I feel sorry for you. Sad
You choose a purple flower because your thoughts are not white .
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:02 am
@permoda12345,
Oh, woe is us. Developed simplicites will now be translated and sent to others.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:37 pm
@permoda12345,
permoda12345 wrote:

I feel sorry for you. Sad
You choose a purple flower because your thoughts are not white .

Truly curious permoda, why do you feel you need to announce you feel sorry for me, or anyone?
Does it make you feel better than/superior?

In my avatar the flower is a lotus, symbol of enlightenment, but as a philosopher, I'm sure you knew that.

I colored it violet, as that is the color of the crown chakra (although it can be white). The crown chakra, among other things, represents awakening, intuition and universal knowledge.

The 2 figures at the bottom of the avatar are my eka pada mudflap girls.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:10 pm
@permoda12345,
permoda12345 wrote:
Knowledge is the real miracle.

From the posts of yours I've read in this thread, I can see why you think that.
chai2

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:48 pm
@kickycan,
You know what this reminds me of?

You know how the first time you have sex, you think you discovered it?

It's like permoda had this flash of inspiration, and has to share with the world, because well, how could we possibly know?
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 02:59 pm
@chai2,
You discovered sex?

I thought that was me...
Good thing I didn't launch an entire web service about it then, as I suspect there are others out there...
chai2

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 05:59 pm
@Cyracuz,
No, I distinctly remember making the discovery of sex.

It was on Decmeber 8, 2010

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 06:28 pm
@chai2,
I don't believe you..
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:33 pm
@chai2,
I believe you.
Because since around that date there has been an unnaturally large number of storks gathering, all of them looking forlorn and slighlty apathetic.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 06:25 pm
@chai2,
Pearl Harbour Day?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 06:28 pm
@JLNobody,
No, the feast of the Immaculate Conception.
Snort..
0 Replies