E-mailing Tables

gollum

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:01 pm
I created a table in MicrosoftWord, which I planned to cut-and-paste into an e-mail message that I planned to send. However, when I pasted it into the e-mail only the text of the e-mail was pasted. The lines of the table and separation of the text into columns and rows did not go through.

How can I e-mail a table?

(I don't wish it as an attachment.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,242 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:40 pm
What email program do you use (e.g. Outlook)? Or was it web mail?

And do you have your email set to send html email or just plain text?
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 03:55 pm
Emailing MS Word Tables...
I just made a quick table in Word (2000) and pasted it into Outlook (2000) without any problems.

Make sure your email is set to HTML instead of plain text and make sure you are selecting the table (top left corner of the table) rather than the table's contents.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 04:34 pm
I need some help with a table, chairs, 2 candelabras and a dinner setting for 6 - any clues?
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 07:04 pm
Table in E-mail
The e-mail that I use is America Online.

I don't see a place where I can set it to html e-mail or plain text. Therefore, I assume that it is plain text.

I was attempting to cut & paste the table with its contents (i.e., text). That is, I held the mouse down, and made a sweeping motion with the whole mouse, causing the entire table to become shaded. Then I pressed Ctrl-c. Then I pressed Alt-Tab to switch into an e-mail message that I had previously started and left open. Then I pressed Ctrl-v. At that point the text of my table without the table itself, pasted into my e-mail message.

In response to Just Hatched's reply, I tried to select the table by going to the top left corner of the table but I was not successful.

I guess the answer is I must send my e-mail message in html. I must learn how.

Thank you.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:20 pm
Even with html I do not think you will be able to copy and paste between Microsoft applications and AOL.

I haven't checked but I'm nearly certain it's AOL's limitation.
0 Replies