Older work of Joyce Clark worth

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 09:57 pm
I a have a oil painting of what looks to be a California coast scape. It is an original Joyce Clark, purchased in around 1965. It measures 24 x 36, not counting the oringinal frame. I am in southern California, and would like to know it's value, and or where to take it to be appraised. Thank you for any feed back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,136 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 07:35 am
@dsampsonca,
Her work is all over the web. Are you not facile enough to find it? or are you the artist trying to promote your work?
I find her work kind of "Thomas Kinkadey", not quite competent enough to be considered "great" but sentimental enough to satisfy my Aunt Mary.

Her works are priced between 3 and 9000$ , and for the loife of me, I dont know why. She does mostly oils of landscapes and she only wishes she could be considered a California plein aire artist.
0 Replies

lmsh04

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:29 pm
@dsampsonca,
Hi, I just inherited a painting similar to what you described. Did you ever find an answer to this post? Thanks for any help!
0 Replies