Hello Again

tedtcb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 02:55 pm
A few of you may remember me (tcb) from several years back-ergo the title of this post.

No doubt you A2Kers must be mad with curiosity (Wink) as to the point of this drivel so here goes: Does anyone know how I can revive my old user name . ( My addy has changed so I cannot reset my old password (even if I remembered it)

I did contact the appropriate staff members –even received a ticket but something tells me the automated reply I received may not be all it’s cracked up to be.

Since I’ll use any excuse to procrastinate, especially when it comes to writing, this little snafu will no doubt assist me in that endeavor.

Salutations to Letty , Edgarblythe et al.

Ted (tcb)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 873 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 04:26 pm
@tedtcb,
Remind us of who you are. It might be helpful to put the info in your profile, Ted.
0 Replies

tedtcb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 04:41 pm
@tedtcb,
http://able2know.org/topic/64484-1
This is your post Letty
"Oh, my gawd, tcb. Francis Albert Sinatra? Oh, yes. Now I remember,"

The above URL will take you to some posts where we are talking.
I will fill in my profile, but I was sort of waiting to see if I could square away the user name thing. If you search for tcb you will see more posts and examples of my writing.

Nice to hear from you
t

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 04:43 pm
@tedtcb,
Quote:
I did contact the appropriate staff members –even received a ticket but something tells me the automated reply I received may not be all it’s cracked up to be.

You get an automated reply that acknowledges your request for help. There will be a site administrator responding within a day or two with request for more information and/or instructions on how to proceed.

Welcome back.
Letty

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 04:54 pm
@tedtcb,
Thanks for the memory, and I recall it all now. How wonderful to have you back again. Old Blue Eyes will not be forgotten either.

Listen to the butterfly lady. Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:00 pm
Hello, tcb. Long time no "see."
tedtcb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey Edgar! Great to see you...
Letty is A2k radio still on the air?
tedtcb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:06 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks so much Butrflynet
I will wait.
t
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:34 pm
@tedtcb,
Sure is. It has survived "...against all odds..." Razz
ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:39 pm
@Letty,
This is nice - I love it when olden a2kers come back.

Tedtcb, you'll see some changes. Just ask, and people will help you figure the new ways to maneuver on the site.
tedtcb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
"Tedtcb, you'll see some changes. Just ask, and people will help you figure the new ways to maneuver on the site."
Thanks ossobuco.
If you don't mind, maybe you can tell me what the thumbs up/down and numbers mean under the Topic heading
t
tedtcb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 08:03 pm
@Letty,
I shall take a look Letty
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:16 pm
@tedtcb,
That's a method to vote up or down an entire thread

- to show you appreciate the thread or are negative about it (a down thumb will make it "invisible", reduced to just a Topic Voted Down (view) in tiny print. Clicking view will let you see it again.

- or as a kind of housekeeping, to clear out those threads you don't want to see again.

Something similar happens with thumbs on individual posts within a thread, but is used more to express appreciation or disapproval. You can also view those by clicking on view.
tedtcb

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 09:30 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks so much ossobuco
0 Replies