ok I need help, how do I add pictures?

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 06:24 pm
things have changed so much here, can I add pictures to my profile? like an album of sorts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 5
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 06:41 pm
@Crazielady420,
click on your username, and then go to my profile to see the new options available

if you have a flickr account you can add a gallery to your profile page (you can also add your youtube and blip.fm accounts if you have them), other wise you can just upload pictures from a photo hosting site (like photobucket) into a thread

if you want a custom avatar it's all done through gravatar.com, just sign up using the email address associated with the forum and follow the instructions

if you click on my name you can see what the youtube and blip.fm stuff looks like
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 06:43 pm
@Crazielady420,
Hi Crazielady420.
If you want to include a photograph in your Avatar you can follow these steps:
To display a custom avatar go to gravatar.com and upload an image for the email address associated your able2know account. Changes will be reflected as gravatar.com caches and your browser cache is cleared. This can take anywhere from minutes to hours typically. Users with no custom gravatar have a unique image generated to help others distinguish between posts. Avatar sizes can be changed in your preferences or avatars can be turned off altogether
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 06:43 pm
@Crazielady420,
For a quick catch-up check out this tutorial about the reformatted A2K:

http://able2know.org/topic/152761-1
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 06:52 pm
@Dutchy,
This may take a bit of figuring out to make the photo you want fit the avatar space - it involves some playing with the photo. My photos of Pacco, for example, were never square. And otherwise, we might now all be looking at his nose. But, it's enjoyable, once you learn to manipulate the range of the photo.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 07:08 pm
Thanks everyone. I have an avatar! and I managed to add pictures of the little ones to my profile!!
0 Replies