Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 08:12 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
But back to question "Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophenia?"

Can you give me a good reason why you think that they should be taken away?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 09:59 pm
Human rights are human rights and can't be taken from any human. If human rights are abridged by anyone it is a criminal offense.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:10 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Human rights are human rights and can't be taken from any human. If human rights are abridged by anyone it is a criminal offense.

really? What law exactly is being broken and in what jurisdiction??
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's the "human rights law." Something you would not be aware of.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's the "human rights law." Something you would not be aware of.

that of course is my point. Do you have a link? a number? a quote? I am very interested to hear more about this global governing body which you claim that I fall under and which runs courts, police and presumably prisons for those who disobey it. Illuminate me please.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
"Illuminate me please."

you want him to wire you for lights?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 05:11 am
@Rockhead,
I don't read hawkeye, but your comment made me laugh.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 11:20 am
@hawkeye10,
It's not anything to do with government; it's what "normal" people do for others. It's intuitive and instinctive - to care for your fellow man/woman.

Something you will always remain ignorant of.

When that man jumped into the freezing Potomac river to save that woman from that crashed flight, it wasn't government that called him to rescue that woman. It was humanity.

TNCFS
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hi all just came from my brothers house Smile
Ok so hawkeye10, Im not trying to critisize you.
I'm just trying to understand your point of view.
Ok so this is what I understood.
That basicly your saying that yes Human should have rights but only ruled by ordinances in your Town. But if they are from a diferent Town, County, State, Country, or even if they dont have a Country then they should not be alowed Human rights right.
I just want to make sure I understood it correctly.
Ok did I get it right?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 07:28 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
That basicly your saying that yes Human should have rights but only ruled by ordinances in your Town. But if they are from a diferent Town, County, State, Country, or even if they dont have a Country then they should not be alowed Human rights right.

I think you got it correct but if you ever figure hawkeye10 out completely be sure to let the rest of know.
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:47 am
I live in a very small town (population of about 200) and there is a lady who is diagnosed as being schizophrenic. She has her moments, but most of us in town do our best to help her out, when said moments occur. We don't see her as being unhuman or any different than the rest of us. In fact, the few people who do view her any differently and snicker and jeer her (of course behind her back), are the "elite conservative catholic" families who believe they are better than the rest of us low to middle class folks. No, their rights shouldn't be taken away.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 02:30 pm
@mikeymojo,
Hi mikeymojo. Good metting you.
Can we do something about the rights that are being taken away from people in other towns around the World?
Should we do something?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 02:39 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Can we do something about the rights that are being taken away from people in other towns around the World?

I do not think that there is much more than what you have already done and that is bringing forth the the truth, that is taking place around the world so that others may some day come together collectively and make a difference.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 03:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

I do not think that there is much more than what you have already done and that is bringing forth the the truth, that is taking place around the world so that others may some day come together collectively and make a difference.

yes, voicing offense at how others live has a rich history as a human pass-time. how about at least waiting for a call for help before you start running around the world in your Superman suit trying to "save" people MKay?

what is the difference between the missionaries of old working to save the heathen and the modern liberals working to save the oppressed??? Not much, only the rationalization story for the right to run over other people allegedly for their own good has changed.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 03:40 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Hi all just came from my brothers house Smile
Ok so hawkeye10, Im not trying to critisize you.
I'm just trying to understand your point of view.
Ok so this is what I understood.
Ok did I get it right?

until and unless we have a global government which has been entered into freely and by citizen referendum by all nations your right to decide how people in other nations live is zero. you have no legal jurisdiction, and we being pro-democracy people hold as a core principle that we live by rule of law rather than rule of masters. right now the earth is legally organized by nations, and you need to respect that law until and unless it is changed.
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 04:55 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hi Peter,

I have to agree with reasoning logic, I don't think there is much more anyone can do about it. With a lot of cultures in the world, human rights take a backseat to religion, economy, traditions, and other ideas. It's sad, but true.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 05:08 pm
@mikeymojo,
mikeymojo wrote:

Hi Peter,

I have to agree with reasoning logic, I don't think there is much more anyone can do about it. With a lot of cultures in the world, human rights take a backseat to religion, economy, traditions, and other ideas. It's sad, but true.

in other words people should choose to live the kind of life you want them to live...any other choice is "sad".

you play lip service to human rights rather than believe in human rights.
mikeymojo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 05:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
I didn't say that...I said it's sad, but true. I didn't say I was going to go and try and change their cultures to match my own. But it is sad that people put abstract ideas ahead of human rights. You obviously are oblivious to this, which I'm obviously not going to change; nor do I want to. So you can relax
Kolyo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 05:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

mikeymojo wrote:

With a lot of cultures in the world, human rights take a backseat to religion, economy, traditions, and other ideas. It's sad, but true.

in other words people should choose to live the kind of life you want them to live...any other choice is "sad".

It doesn't sound like you're reading mojo correctly at all. It sounds more like he's saying that peoples should choose to adopt the kind of laws he wants them to adopt, and any other choice is "sad." (BTW, that's also my position.)
Kolyo

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 05:35 pm
@mikeymojo,
Heads up, mike. Hawkeye's opinions are shared by very few people at this site. So you don't have to take anything he says seriously.