"Cold Mountain" Dominates Golden Globe Nominations

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 05:01 pm
Miramax got a very warm welcome from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association on Thursday morning, as "Cold Mountain" dominated the Golden Globe nominations with a whopping eight nods, including Best Picture (Drama), Best Director, Best Screenplay, and acting mentions for stars Jude Law, Nicole Kidman and Renée Zellweger. (And don't forget that Best Song nomination for "You Will Be My Ain True Love"!) Trailing a bit behind with five nominations apiece were critical faves "Mystic River" and "Lost in Translation", while "Big Fish" and "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" made off with four each. Young Scarlett Johansson was a surprise dual nominee, grabbing Best Actress noms for both Translation (Comedy/Musical) and the little-seen Girl With a Pearl Earring (Drama).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 595 • Replies: 3
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
hmm.. mountain theme going on in the nominations..
Broke back anyone?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:34 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

AKUS

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 05:53 am
Re: "Cold Mountain" Dominates Golden Globe Nominat
I avoided "Cold Mountain" until just a few months ago because I didn't want to cut any slack to what I assumed to be a pro-Confederacy movie. When my interest in Keith Urban Twisted Evil grew, I decided to watch the movie (mainly due to his fiancee starring in it). Well, just look how my personal prejudice almost lost me the pleasure and knowledge I gained from that movie!

As an aside, I love the song, "You Will Be My Ain True Love" ... please check out my handle again ... :wink: .
0 Replies