Address Bar in Windows Explorer

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 01:14 pm
I am running Windows XP at home. My Windows Explorer (not to be confused with Internet Explorer) has no address bar. It would be very convenient to be able to copy and paste complicated paths in. I have chosen "address bar" in the toolbars and have gone to "folder options," in the view tab, and checked off "display the full address in the address bar" and "display the full address in the title bar." Still no address bar. Windows is such a piece of %*&^$%. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,653 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:19 pm
There may be problems with the address bar not appearing if your toolbars are locked. Right click on the toolbar area and uncheck "Lock the toolbars". Then (making sure that the address bar is selected from view/toolbars) you should be able to move the file pane downwards by dragging to reveal the address bar.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:44 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

There may be problems with the address bar not appearing if your toolbars are locked. Right click on the toolbar area and uncheck "Lock the toolbars". Then (making sure that the address bar is selected from view/toolbars) you should be able to move the file pane downwards by dragging to reveal the address bar.

Thank you, but the toolbars do not show as locked.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:46 pm
...but, looking around, I did finally see that the address bar was there, just way over to the right. Actually, that's not true. The title was way over to the right, but the field itself was past the window end ("off stage") to the right. I dragged the whole thing back, though. Thanks, contrex.
0 Replies