Frivolous harassment/request for restraining order

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 10:17 am
I'd suspect the Board lets the management company handle all these kinds of complaints.

They would only get involved if there was a hearing for a violation according to HOA documents.

Sounds like this group went straight to the legal system for resolution.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:17 am
@Butrflynet,
Looks like a great link.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:30 am
@Miller,
I actually got a discount via with my work connections. But it is worth paying for this as not having good advice could result in my husband being arrested.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:32 am
@PUNKEY,
No - I think this was more that the radio was loud so to be heard over the shower. And as they were showing their condo for a potential buyer, they wanted everything to be as perfect as possible.

There are flooring requirements - not sure if they are 100% in compliance with it - the downside it doesn't cover kitchens - and our bedroom is right under a kitchen so you can imagine what it sounds like with heels on ceramic flooring.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:34 am
@Miller,
The board in regard to noise issues suggests that you work it out with your neighbors - they do not send out notes/memos or letters for excessive noise - if it is not in violation of condo rules.

They do not have a mediation type of board or process. We have only had an issue with this one neighbor. And we lived here for over 12 years.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:35 am
@PUNKEY,
Yes they did - they did send a letter to the management company. The management company sent a letter back to them suggesting they try to resolve it with their neighbors and instead of talking with us - he went to the legal system.
0 Replies