The house I'm renting has been foreclosed on

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 09:51 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I wouldn't want to move either judging from your description of where you are. I am praying this works out well for you!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 10:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Energy is cheap - I leave my windows open 9 months a year. We neither have nor need air conditioning, so there's lots of extra power for whatever I need, with low bills. In Texas my power bill in the summer used to hit $200 or more. Out here it's never more than $20.

you and I think exactly alike on that point.
One of the things I do not enjoy about having a roommate is that no one else seems to understand that the weather is NOT extreme in this country.
Unless you get to the northern border near canada, bouncing between 40's to 100 is as simple as a clothing change plur or minus a fan to accommodate.

I think people are just physicaly spoiled on cold or heated air when they really dont need it.

When I live by myself, my energy bill is only about 50 bucks.
When it is with a roommate? I can spend 100 and thats paying HALF the bills. ugh
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 10:51 am
@shewolfnm,
Yup. Heated blankets and sweaters work TREMENDOUSLY better than heaters.

I guess there's probably two weeks out of the year when I wish we had AC. But I get around that by strapping an ice pack to my chest for 5 minutes. Amazing how fast your body temp will fall when you have a block of ice drawing heat straight out from the core.

You still in Austin? I'll be there in two days.

Cycloptichorn
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:28 am
@Cycloptichorn,
yes actually.
I live central now. Near 2222/lamar
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:30 am
@Cycloptichorn,
well, not only ice, but I love love love to take a fast , SUPER cold shower. I can do that in the middle of the day and not feel bad at all.
About mid August to Sept is the time for AC. Almost no choice there. 105+ humidity is just bad.
And if I am not stuck in 5pm traffic, I drive with my windows down not really using AC in my car either.
Not that I think it saves gas or anything, I just dont use it..
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:30 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

yes actually.
I live central now. Near 2222/lamar

Cool. I'll be staying with my Wife's family up near the Arboretum on 183 for a few days, then off to Houston for a few days, then back in town on the 27th and 28th.

How's the weather?

Cycloptichorn
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:32 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Im wearing a sleeveless shirt and pants. Its COOL but not cold. 60-75 over the last few days. Not wet, but cloudy.
Its sweater time.. but not heavy jacket time. Not yet
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:37 am
@shewolfnm,
what color underwear are you wearing?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:38 am
@chai2,
Sexy

Cycloptichorn
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:40 am
@Cycloptichorn,
well chya!

we are talking about the wolf woman you know.

color me sexy.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 11:42 am
under...what..ware?

whats that?
Mame

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
ewwww

LOL
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 05:17 pm
Got an update this last weekend.

The house was to have been sold at auction on Jan. 6th, but apparently the old Landlords worked out a deal with the bank. The house wasn't put up at the auction and as far as I can tell the same people still own it. The city of Berkeley doesn't have any record of ownership changing hands, so... looks like we'll be paying rent for Jan. after all.

For now we are in a holding pattern for the next few months as the couple who owns the house tries to get back on track with payments. I'm still kind of upset over the amateurish way this whole situation has been handled by the landlords, but I think the couple is sincere about wanting to run things right from now on, so I guess we'll keep on living there and working with them.

Cycloptichorn
sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 07:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That seems like a pretty good outcome... hope it all works out.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 09:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
The house was to have been sold at auction on Jan. 6th, but apparently the old Landlords worked out a deal with the bank. The house wasn't put up at the auction and as far as I can tell the same people still own it.
That is a lot of maybe....you should nail down the facts before you send a rent check to anyone.
0 Replies

shielah

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 05:00 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Have you talk a lawyer I know they can help you a lot for an advice.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:19 am
I have sympathy for you. You need to find out a new house for you.
0 Replies