kinetico 2060 or ecowater ecr3502/30

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:53 am
I am looking for a new water softener. I have 4 in the household and have well water. My hardness is 21 and iron level is 1.35 according to the county test. I have no other concerns as far nitrates, sulfur, or anything else. My ph is also 7.5. I have narrowed it down to these two dealers but can't decide between the two. Kinetico is 3000 and ecowater is 2000. Both include all taxes, install, and first fill. Any help would be great.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,680 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Andy CWS

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 02:47 pm
@hillard55,
Both are fine units but my preference would be the Kinetico. That price is cheaper than many dealers offer. Both are considered high efficiency models.

The twin tank, non-electric offers many advantages, especially with 4 people. Knowing your water will always be treated is a comfort even when usage exceeds typical water use. It uses standard mesh resins but regenerates with treated water. Having never to worry about electrical breakdowns or shortcomings is nice. It has a ten-year warranty on all parts including the resin.

The EcoWater has some nifty gadgets like remote monitoring and takes up a little less space but a little taller I think. Some units use fine mesh resin but whenever it cleans itself, it uses raw, hard water with iron. It has a 25-year warranty on some parts and one year on the resin.

I don't care for cabinet models unless space is a premium.

Either one will serve you well, especially if the company stands behind it.

What was your feeling about the presentations? Notice any differences?
hillard55

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 08:59 pm
@Andy CWS,
I was really impressed with the Eco-water presentation. They explained their system very well and were very knowledgeable. I have heard only great things about their customer service from everyone. I was also impressed with the softener learning my usage and adjusting for it.

The Kinetico dealer explained his system but was more about the "our system is just better than everyone else." I did not get that great customer service feel either. I do like the twin tanks and being that it is non-electric though.

The price is not the only factor I am looking at. I will pay more for great customer service and a company that will be there when needed. I have plenty of space for what ever unit I go with.
0 Replies

waterboy

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 10:43 am
@hillard55,
I would highly recommend the EcoWater system. It is by far the better unit. They have been in business since 1925 and invented the water softening process. Their unit are made in the USA. They have a very reputiable dealer network.
Irishoneof11

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 12:34 pm
@waterboy,
what makes it better waterboy...and do you work for them?
0 Replies