normjug

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 10:37 pm
I can't really complain about our Rain Soft treatment system. We've had ours for 24 years, and only had up to now 2 service calls. Both times the timer went bad, and replaced for about 250.00. Not to bad for the money we paid back then. The problem now is that we don't have a company here in my home town of about 60,000 people to do repairs. Go figure. So a so called repairman came to our house from 60 miles away and at the cost of $140.00. When this person come in he didn't even bring in a tool kit. Just a brief case and right away said the timer was bad and we needed a whole new head at the cost of 750.00. Didn't understand what he meant by that. But he said we really needed a whole new system. From the sounds of all the comments the newer systems sucks, and from my recent experience customer service really sucks. Does anyone know where we can get a timer that is not digital. I'll tell you what if we have to get a new system we definitely are NOT getting a rain soft, since they don't have a customer service locally.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,365 • Replies: 3
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 06:36 am
@normjug,
normjug wrote:

I can't really complain about our Rain Soft treatment system. We've had ours for 24 years, and only had up to now 2 service calls. Both times the timer went bad, and replaced for about 250.00. Not to bad for the money we paid back then. The problem now is that we don't have a company here in my home town of about 60,000 people to do repairs. Go figure. So a so called repairman came to our house from 60 miles away and at the cost of $140.00. When this person come in he didn't even bring in a tool kit. Just a brief case and right away said the timer was bad and we needed a whole new head at the cost of 750.00. Didn't understand what he meant by that. But he said we really needed a whole new system. From the sounds of all the comments the newer systems sucks, and from my recent experience customer service really sucks. Does anyone know where we can get a timer that is not digital. I'll tell you what if we have to get a new system we definitely are NOT getting a rain soft, since they don't have a customer service locally.

Your RainSoft system is obsolete... parts are scarce and individuals that have the skills required to fix them are more scarce.

I have the parts and the skills, what town do you live in?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 04:58 pm
I repaired a 17 year old RS softener this afternoon.
New piston O rings and replacing the sheared pin was all it took to keep it going this time.
0 Replies

Slyguy61520

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 05:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
If you look at the back of the internal componets you will see the intermatic number on the time clock. If it is a wg190,wg190-1,wg190-2 ,they replaced it with a wg190-15,wg190-15d and you can buy one online for $33.00
0 Replies