Need help understanding V.I.P.

petunia555555

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:43 am
Cav: I am a little frightened that you know so much about this program!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:58 am
Captain Cut-N-Paste, I think it should be. Horse-cooking clown...

(crap. that won't get me sued, will it?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:01 am
Never cooked a horse there patiodog. Why is everyone picking on me? I'm so misunderstood....if you don't like my posts just BAN me! Sigh, rufio is my only ally on A2K it seems.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:07 am
That ain't exactly angus under the heat lamp there, clown.

We pick on you because we love you. You know, like the little rascals picked on Buckwheat. They just wanted him to be prepared when he took a two-by-four across the temple for using the wrong drinking fountain.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:13 am
I must admit, yes, that was a cut-n-paste of people's opinions of V.I.P. from jumptheshark.com. patiodog, that certainly wouldn't happen to a modern-day Buckwheat. He'd be packing, if you know what I mean.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:14 am
I don't. Please don't explain.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:05 am
I have watched it a few times, I think it's great! Definitely toward the high-irony-content side, though it tries to have its cake and eat it too. ("TV is so shallow and silly, all we have to do is get some hot chick archetypes and put them in skimpy clothes and we'll have a hit."/ "More cleavage!")
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:23 am
So bad it is good! I think they try to be as campy as possible. Did you see the episode where the secretary has told everyone she is Pam, and tries to do a mission? And lets not forget Pam's evil double! Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:55 pm
I THINK that pams silicone system is starting to exhude breakdown products on her skins surface. every time I see her she looks like she just got a new coat of hand rubbed lacquer.

WHOA-just pictured the paint guy, very big smile. with my high blood Pressure, id probably stroke out , and they wopuldnt be able to close the coffin lid.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:04 pm
So your instructions are to bury you standing, as 't'were...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:35 pm
Truely, an outstanding talent...

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9905/21/season.finales/vip.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 05:31 pm
I've always got a kick out of VIP when I caught it on a Saturday afternoon. I think that's when it was on. Lots of t.v. in-jokes. Definitely not a show that expected you to take it seriously - and that's probably one of the things I hate most about some shows - they're serious and you'd better dang well appreciate that. Bahhhhhhhhh. Give me something really silly and funny, and let's not pretend it's anything else.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:50 am
Quote:
Give me something really silly and funny, and let's not pretend it's anything else.

I used to watch CBUT news for the same reason!
0 Replies