Anyone Have an IKEA Mattress?

sozobe

Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:16 pm
@Ragman,
Shocked

This seems to be going nowhere fast-ish, so rather than another round of corrections I'll just say "thanks!" Very Happy
Ragman

Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:24 pm
@sozobe,
I'm not sure why you say that it is going nowhere. I have concluded your choice of the $900 mattress with 7 in of Latex is a good choice.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Tue 22 Feb, 2011 04:09 pm
Regarding the headboard height and frame slats issues:

http://www.infobarrel.com/What_to_Consider_When_Buying_a_Headboard_or_Footboard_for_your_Bed_or_Frame

Headboards can be mounted on the wall, on to the bed frame or can be completely free standing. Mounting the headboard on the wall is the easiest method as you do not have deal with the bed frame mounting screws. But if you cannot or do not want to drill into your walls, you will need make sure that the bed frame has sets of holes at the head of the bed. These holes will allow large screws to fasten a headboard to the bed. If neither of these options are suitable for your needs, consider getting a free standing headboard. These headboards are large and heavy enough to stand on their own as a piece of furniture and can be wedged between the bed and wall for extra stability. Many designers also add a bed bench at the foot of the bed if there is no good mounting choices.

http://www.jamisonbedding.com/mattress-faqs

Why is my new mattress set much higher than my old one?

While this is expected, it can certainly be surprising; however, there are several simple remedies. The first rule is, “Change the height, not the mattress.” Your sales associate can help you reduce the height of your mattress set with the following options.

* Reduced height box spring — a matching box spring of equal quality at a lower height.
* Low profile bed frame — a strong metal bed frame of equal quality at a lower height.
* Drop-down metal rails — a lower height rail system that accommodates a headboard and footboard.

How do I set up my Queen or King mattress and box spring?

Make sure you place your mattress set in an appropriate bed frame with a rigid center support that includes at least five legs. If your bed frame includes a headboard and footboard, make sure the support consists of five hardwood cross slats or three metal cross slats with a rigid center support on each cross slat.

If you have a King mattress set, you may notice the formation of body signatures. As most individuals do not sleep in the middle of the bed and tend to sleep in the same spot night after night, body signatures may form. Therefore, you may notice a ridge in the middle of the mattress, which is quite normal.

0 Replies

Karlpt

Fri 10 Aug, 2012 01:55 pm
@sozobe,
I haven't use IKEA mattresses but i got good reviews about them. They are made of fine stuff. I will surely buy a set of IKEA mattresses.
0 Replies

FlatPackBart

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 02:24 am
@sozobe,
Another thing that comes to my mind is to strengthen flat pack furniture. A few nails here and there are always a good idea,
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:06 pm
@sozobe,
Nothing insofar IKEA thank the good Lord...
0 Replies

ameliaharry654

Fri 30 Nov, 2018 02:03 am
@sozobe,
Buy online, I also buy online
0 Replies