Cycloptichorn

Mon 29 Nov, 2010 03:50 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

What haters?

You just don't know how to take good natured horsing around, do you?

Chumley can smoke his brains out, he's a grown man.

Wasn't talking about you, sorry.

Cycloptichorn
chai2

Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
dude.
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:24 pm
Chumley, I agree with most of what you say. Pot use definitely doesn't deserve 10 to 2o. However, the saying is true - they don't call it dope for nothing. Then again, it doesn't hurt to space out every once in a while. Myself though, I do neither alcohol or pot - those days were all a lifetime ago - 20 years and 27 years respectively.
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
**** all the haters, man.
Smoken like a true pacifist.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:19 pm
An acre of hemp produces more paper than an acre of trees

For thousands of years, until 1883, hemp was the world’s largest agricultural crop, from which the majority of fiber, fabric, soap, lighting oil, paper, incense, and medicines were produced. In addition, it was a primary source of essential food oil and protein for humans and animals. Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids necessary for health. The oil from hemp seeds has the highest percentage of essential fatty acids and the lowest percentage of saturated fats.

An acre of hemp produces more paper than an acre of trees. Paper made from hemp lasts for centuries, compared to 25-80 years for paper made from wood pulp. The US Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.

Industrial hemp contains less than 1% of THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana (which is also called cannabis). Trying to get high on industrial hemp is akin to trying to get drunk on non-alcohol beer. Hemp was forced from the market in the late 19th century by a campaign launched by newspaper magnates who also held controlling shares in the paper mill and cotton industry. It remains as one of the most scandalous yet least spoken about examples of fraud in world history.

In 1937, Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act which effectively halted hemp production in the United States. It was briefly overridden during the Second World War when overseas supplies dried up but the campaign, called Hemp For Victory, was quickly withdrawn after the war.

Hemp can be grown in virtually any climate or soil condition, and grows extremely fast, yielding up to 4 crops a year. Canada, China and France are major hemp producers. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp. Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper. But today the United States is the only industrial country in the world where the growing of hemp is prohibited.

Hemp cars

In 1941, the Ford motor company produced an experimental automobile with a plastic body composed of 70% cellulose fibres from hemp. The car body could absorb blows 10 times as great as steel without denting. The car was also designed to run on hemp fuel. Because of the ban on both hemp and alcohol the car was never mass produced. In 2008, Lotus Cars announced they will be using hemp in the production of body panels for their Lotus Eco Elise.

BillW

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:42 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Back in 1966 I drove 2 miles (or more) past a field in Kansas with full blown guard towers about 30 foot off the ground every 1/2 mile or so. The field had razor topped 20 foot fencing with 15 foot high marijuana plants growing inside. This was a US Navy farm for growing hemp to make rope. Yet, you could smoke the whole field and not get high.........
eurocelticyankee

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 03:44 pm
@BillW,
I hope you didn't try Bill. Laughing
BillW

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:02 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
At the time, I was naive and didn't even realize what I was passing. I was on wheat harvast and my boss told me what it was when we stopped for the evening.

Spiritual institutions used hashish as incense in service - so did most household in olden times. This way the church got it's subjects to return each Sunday.
eurocelticyankee

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:09 pm
@BillW,
I believe there's a strong case for it to be legalised, in particular for sufferers of arthritis, MS and rheumatic diseases.
Do I believe it will happen, NO.
BillW

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:11 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
it will happen, it is not far away
eurocelticyankee

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 04:25 pm
@BillW,
Not in the backward country I live in.
BillW

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:11 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Don't get me wrong, it will be years - maybe a few decades and not in my lifetime but it will happen. It will probably also be a state question, a few here, a few there, before long, all.
eurocelticyankee

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:21 pm
@BillW,
I lived in Amsterdam for 3 years, the difference, I'm sorry I ever left.
Nothing better than on a day off work going to the coffee shop, sitting outside sipping a hot chocolate and smoking a nice joint of sensimilla with no law worries.
Or cycling through Vondel park with the girl on the back of the bike smoking a big spliff.
HEAVEN
Robert Gentel

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I switched to vape this year, it's so much healthier without combustion and tastes a lot better. I have a Da Buddha, a vapir that I gave away (I'd stay away) and want to get a Magic Flight Box (if inconvenience was your impediment check this one out) the next chance I get.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:48 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
The car body could absorb blows 10 times as great as steel without denting.
Do you know what cars that dont dent do to the occupants in a crash ?

My understanding was the plastic rope makers lobbied for an end to hemp production.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:49 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
15 foot high marijuana plants growing
Northern India and Nepal have these growing by the roadside where the farmers have thrown them out of their fields as a weed.
0 Replies

Ionus

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 07:51 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
You were smoking it outside where children can inhale it and be exposed to it. Great idea !
Gargamel

Wed 1 Dec, 2010 10:12 pm
@Ionus,
When does the Unmitigated Dumbfuck spell that Tabitha of the East cast on you wear off? Because I can't wait.
Ionus

Thu 2 Dec, 2010 01:18 am
@Gargamel,
Would that be the spell that stops someone from taking drugs ? It is all magic and dreams with you lot isnt it ?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Thu 2 Dec, 2010 01:43 am
@Chumly,
lemme mull this over or not as the case may be, will my posts be simultaneously more and less vapid