Recieving Help

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 07:08 pm
What do you mean?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:04 pm
Individual, often we take for granted that folks on this site understand our allusions. Forgive me, my friend. In clear terms:

Craven is the fountain head from which this site has sprung. He also created a site called "The Realm". I had mistakenly attributed a quote to Wright that was really Emerson's. When I went to Google to make certain that I remembered properly, there was the post of so long ago. He is a young man to whom I have often referred as my surrogate grandchild. Cool

Individual, if you would say something in your profile--tell us a little about yourself, these mistakes could be circumvented.Follow?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:15 pm
I prefer not to put anything in my profile in order to escape other people's preconceived notions or biases that pertain to my life. If, for instance, someone read you profile and saw that you are a retired school teacher, they might be hesitant to attack teachers for being so famously stubborn. Or they would change their attitude to either condescension or respect depending on age, race, creed, gender, etc.

If someone really wanted to know about me, they could just ask a specific question and I would be happy to oblige. Otherwise, anonymity is the best way to get through these forums.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:22 pm
All right, I agree, Individual. You asked a question, and I responded. Answer this, then.

Where are you from?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:29 pm
Good 'ol Austrian run California
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:33 pm
Very Happy That allusion I got...Thanks, Individual..and I shall retire from Good old Jeb run Florida.
0 Replies