Internet poll asks: Abortion or Birth

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:50 am
I'm thinking this goes in the "now I've seen everything" category of life.

My thoughts: this couple is too idiotic and immature to raise a child.

So far more than 150,000 people have voted, mostly in favor of birth.

Both pro-choicers and pro-lifers feel that the poll is an attack against them. The creators of the site say "For the first time, your vote on the topic of abortion can make a difference."

I won't be voting either way.

Quote:
.Pete and Alisha Arnold
About That Couple Taking Votes Whether to Abort...
By Jill Stanek | November 18, 2010 | 23:11

I got a heads up about the blog BirthorNot.com about a month ago.

A pregnant married couple is taking votes whether to abort their baby boy or carry him to term.

The last day of the pregnancy they say they can legally abort in their home state of Minnesota is December 9, a day before the baby is 20 weeks old. And, they say, they will go however the final vote tally goes.

Although the posts appeared plausible when I perused them, the concept had "scam" written all over it. So I didn't buy in. My thought was the couple was trying to punk pro-lifers.

In the last few days the blogosphere has gotten hold of the story, and I've received several emails to write about it. It appears Gawker started the chatter after interviewing the couple, Pete and Alisha Arnold.

The reaction has been most interesting. Pro-choicers think this is a scam against them. Now, while pro-lifers are becoming incensed and begging the couple not to abort, pro-choicers are becoming incensed and wanting the couple to be shot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,857 • Replies: 6
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:52 am
is there an option to abort the parents as well, if so, i vote yes on that one
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:06 am
@boomerang,
But what a great story to pull out at the 21st birthday Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:45 am
I don't think we should go so far as to kill them but I don't think they have any business having kids.

I thought the same thing, hingehead. "Oh let us tell you the lovely story of your birth! We were so ambivilent about you that we asked thousands of strangers to decide whether you should be born or not. They said yes and well.... here you are."
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 03:21 pm
Sounds like someone just exploiting the issue for publicity and to instigate conflict.
sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 03:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yes, I saw that yesterday and went into deep research mode trying to figure whether it was a hoax or what is UP with the whole thing. Even though the couple says that they are pro-choice, etc., there is evidently some stuff in their background (and now I can't remember what exactly, can try to find it back) that makes it look like it's a purposeful pro-life propaganda tactic.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 03:25 pm
Next season, this will be a reality show.
0 Replies