Should same sex couples be allowed to raise children?

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:48 pm
@north,
Quote:
either way , no matter the same sex couple , neither understands the other sex

And you know this how?
north

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:50 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

"NO" doesn't answer the question. It's not a yes or no question.

it is

Quote:
What makes you think gay couples cannot provide "a good balance home"?

I answered this , just in the above post of mine

failures art

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:51 pm
@Cyracuz,
I didn't know that heterosexual men understood women.
I didn't know that heterosexual women understood men.

This is news to me.

Apparently, this is an innate skill.
R
T
north

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:51 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:

And you know this how?

because neither sex are equally represented
failures art

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:52 pm
@north,
north wrote:

Cyracuz wrote:

it is

Quote:

I answered this , just in the above post of mine

What? The question isn't a yes/no question. Your reply was inadequate and didn't answer his question.

A
R
T
0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:53 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

This is news to me.

R
T

its not , thats the thing
failures art

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:58 pm
@north,
Are you one of those posters where words don't mean anything?

A
R
T
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 08:59 pm
@north,
Quote:

And both sexes are equally represented where children are raised by single parents?
Divorce sure gives a child the impression that man and woman go well together.

I think you are demanding higher standards for gay people than anyone else without showing any reasonable argument for why it is right to do so. That's just prejudice.
north

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:04 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:

And both sexes are equally represented where children are raised by single parents?

I think you are demanding higher standards for gay people than anyone else without showing any reasonable argument for why it is right to do so. That's just prejudice.

divorce what ever , name a child that ultimately would not want both their father and mother , ultimately , as their family foundation
failures art

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:15 pm
@north,
You're validating Cyracuz's accusation that you hold homosexuals to a higher standard. If children could choose their parents, many would be evicting one or both abusive parents. Many children would opt for single parent households.

Also, the logical construction of your argument makes leaves out a lot. Take two single parent families. One with a lesbian mother, the other straight. By your logic, the addition of a second partner for one household would be positive and the other would be a negative.

Dumb.

A
R
T
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
allowed but discouraged until we see some evidence that gay raised adults are fine.

what a crock.

do we need to wait for evidence that baptist raised children are fine?

If they're your children, you have a right to an opinion.

If not, then keep your opinion to yourself.
north

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:37 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

You're validating Cyracuz's accusation that you hold homosexuals to a higher standard. If children could choose their parents, many would be evicting one or both abusive parents. Many children would opt for single parent households.

Also, the logical construction of your argument makes leaves out a lot. Take two single parent families. One with a lesbian mother, the other straight. By your logic, the addition of a second partner for one household would be positive and the other would be a negative.

Dumb.

A
R
T

it still makes no difference straight and lesbian parents

childern want their Natural parents , ultimately , both sexes
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:41 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
If not, then keep your opinion to yourself.
My opinion was requested. If you dont want to hear opinion on this subject then I suggest the solution is to stay out of this thread rather than trying to boss other people around. You wouldn't happen to be a prison guard in real life, would you?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:54 pm
@north,
Quote:

If this is your argument, it should apply equally to adoptive parents, single parents and dead parents.
An adopted child doesn't have the option of being with their natural parents.
A child of divorce doesn't have the option of being with both their natural parents.
And a child with either one or both parents dead doesn't have that choice.

So by your argument, adoption shouldn't be allowed.
People should lose their right to raise kids if they get a divorce.
And children whose parents die cannot be raised by anyone, since by your argument, adoption is a no go....
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:26 pm
@north,
north wrote:

To be honest, I don't think married couples understand the other sex, and I think it is an insult to think you might... I don't think I understand men and I is one... That sexual identification is a significant part of a person's identity... Fine, and that leaves a whole lot of room for diversity, what one might call individualism... The fact is, that men and women are all different, and all the same and me too...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:34 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Why even would that be a good point??? I mean, if all a person is going to meet in this world are unbalanced individuals, what would be the point of balance growing up??? The worst thing for people is to always look at their childhoods as ideal, and their happy time... Happy children make miserable adults... A challenged child who knows some struggles, has to work, knows adversity, and has suffered setback and pains has the stuff necessary to be happy with life as an adult... Childhood is a time of learning... How better to learn that at the tasks of life under a master... Consider it as an apprenticeship... A time of learning...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:35 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

This is news to me.

R
T
They do not understand more than their own prejudice...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:43 pm
@north,
north wrote:

Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:

And you know this how?

The opposite sex is never fairly represented by ones mother or father.. Consider the worst sort of woman to marry: One without brothers... A girl without brothers never realizes what assholes men are because when she gets to know her father he has had his rough edges ground off, and is at his best...

A girl's brothers will always be a fair representation of what men in reality are: Total, Unrefined, Jerks... If I met a girl who was single when I was single, the next question out of my mouth was: do you have brothers... There was a girl who was not the victim of her own unreasonable expectations... We do not marry our parents... We marry our mess mates, people of our own age, people we get to know on the way to becoming parents...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:49 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:

I am like Uncle Festor... Explaining why he broke up with a girl he said: She a girl and I'm a boy; We got nothing in common...

The presumption that all heterosexual relationships are equal is prejudice... What relationships teach is how to relate, because as a child one does not have one relationship with parents, but two, because all relationships, even with an entire nation, are one on one, individual... The more relationships one has the more one learns to work through them.... A failed relationship only teaches one to fail at relationships... It is not a good lesson to learn...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:57 pm
@north,
north wrote:

failures art wrote:

Dumb.

A
R
T

it still makes no difference straight and lesbian parents

Sure... Children want, and children inevitably think other children's parents are better... My oldest thought Beaver Cleaver's dad would have been better than me... Who knows... The grass is greener, and all...

The question is: would children in foster care who have actually known abuse, or children in orphanage consider themselves too proud to enjoy a little one on one care from anyone??? I mean, neglect or abuse can be pretty profound, and worse can be loneliness or some institutional nuerosis... Those gays will either be with their children or with children no one else can bring themselves to care for... Is anyone else willing???
0 Replies