Should same sex couples be allowed to raise children?

hurriwind

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 10:58 pm
Well. On this issue, i believe it is debatable (which is what we are doing) but I believe that we need to take a stand and my stand is a no.
Please dun flame me too hard... I am just 15 so my thinking might not as matured and might be different from all of you.
Now i would like to explain why i said no. I believe that a child should grow up in a family that is complete. When i say complete, i mean having parents of both sex. Please do not be mistaken as i am not saying that parents of the same sex do not give children a complete family. I believe God wired man and woman differently from how we think and the actions we do. When a child is raised in a family of the same sex, the child would not be able to get the love, the attention as a child who is from a family with parents of different sex.
For example 2 ladies were to raise a boy, the boy might be more feminine. (i am fine with guys being A little feminine but not too.) When the child grows up, he will be wired differently from other guys because he did not have a love that comes from a father. This in a later part of his life will have a impact on him be it positive or negative.
If there were 2 guys and they were to raise a girl, the girl might turn out to be different from other girls as she might be more coarse in terms of language. ( I am sure that you ladies out there will agree that guys are usually more coarse in language then ladies.) Also, the girl that was raised might be different cause she has never experienced a love from a mother.
How ever, there are different views in both of it. Now, i will change it around.
If 2 ladies were to raise a girl, i am sure the girl would be more different from others as she was raised by 2 people of the same sex and hence would know what are needs, her wants and her desires. When these requirements of the girl is met, she will turn out to be a fine young woman.
Also, if 2 guys were to raise a boy, the guy will turn out to be more manly then other guys cause he has experienced care from parents of the same sex who will know what are the desires , the wants, and the needs.
But from my point of view, it will be "unhealthy" to the child as i believe that children needs to have a balanced family.
So my stand will be a no.
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 11:04 pm
@hurriwind,
You cannot judge all gay couples any more than you can judge all heterosexual couples by some objective standard... I am certain not all gays are good parent material, and not all heterosexuals are good parent material... I am a lousy parent, and this I freely admit... The only reason I am a parent is because I wanted to be, and my wife helped... I am certain that wanting children made me better at it than some one who did not want to be a parent...I just thought I would be better at it, and if I knew how badly I would suck at it I would not have done it...
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 11:18 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
You cannot judge all gay couples any more than you can judge all heterosexual couples by some objective standard...
the quality of parenting provided is only part of what we are looking at...when we have pro's saying that we pick our mates almost completely based upon our relationship with our parents we have cause for concern when kids are growing up in a household where the gay dynamic is in play. The gays could individually both be fantastic parents, but the kids could still be harmed by the experience.

Or maybe it is no worse than kids who grow up without a male or a female in the house because they are raised by single parents, which is pretty bad.

I want to know before I put my seal of approval on gays raising kids.
failures art

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 01:02 am
@hawkeye10,
Your seal of approval is only for your own kids and your own parenting. Nobody else really gives a ****. For that matter, you don't really have a seal at all. You're no authority on the matter. All the real intellectual authorities on this matter have investigated this and found that the kids are alright.

You are ignorant. Nobody is holding their breath to ever see you place your seal of approval, and that's why it's worthless: You aren't satisfied by anything that defies your baseless prejudice.

A
R
T
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 01:05 am
@failures art,
Quote:
Nobody is holding their breath to ever see you place your seal of approval, and that's why it's worthless: You aren't satisfied by anything that defies your baseless prejudice.

considering that you have already said that something like seven times, and you can see that it is obvious that I am not buying your claim that I have no right to have a say in what goes on in my own society, why you see the need to state your position to me once again??
failures art

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 01:16 am
@hawkeye10,
Quit your bitching.

You're going to get exactly this kind of response if you post utter bullshit like you do. If you say that you need to see a study of X before you give your approval, and then numerous studies of X are done and you won't put your stamp down, then you were lying to begin with. You're a liar, and you're not fooling anyone.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:15 am
The question when asked to society (not a school question) could be viewed as a red-herring, since there are heterosexual parents that are inept at raising children. If society wanted to help children optimize their maturation process, then society might be more productive by training adults, that have children, in the process of raising children to be contributing adults to society.

The question itself, I believe, is just a hold-over from the Judeo-Christian social mores that this society is based upon. It may just harken back to the bible thumping, hellfire and brimstone sermon that thundered, "There will be no hein' and a hein' in my church. Sinners get out!"
Fido

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:48 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

The question when asked to society (not a school question) could be viewed as a red-herring, since there are heterosexual parents that are inept at raising children. If society wanted to help children optimize their maturation process, then society might be more productive by training adults, that have children, in the process of raising children to be contributing adults to society.

The question itself, I believe, is just a hold-over from the Judeo-Christian social mores that this society is based upon. It may just harken back to the bible thumping, hellfire and brimstone sermon that thundered, "There will be no hein' and a hein' in my church. Sinners get out!"

Everyone needs more support in parenting, and if we were a nation, and a community we would do just that... Parents care for their children, but they are raised by the entire society...
0 Replies