what's the most impressive movie for you?

weiwei

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:04 am
I've just met a screenplay writer who said it's very hard to catch a story people can remember for long time. I think a good screenplay should deliver somthing insulted in people's soul and entertain appetite.
What's your favourate movie? why it is special?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 8,415 • Replies: 93

View best answer, chosen by weiwei
NAACP

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:12 am
I love A Beautiful Mind with Russel Crowe. One of the most profound movies I've ever seen and it gets even more so with each watch.

Memorable quote:

"I cannot waste time with these classes, these books. Memorizing the weak assumptions of LESSER MORTALS!!!"
Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:14 am
Hard to say....depends on my age when I saw it. The Blob frightened the hell out of me ....I saw it when I was six. So it depends on many variables as to what I put up as the most impressive.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:15 am
@NAACP,
Quote:
I love A Beautiful Mind with Russel Crowe.
Yes that was a good movie. Didnt have the "magic" for me though.
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:28 am
Classes will dull your mind........destroy the potential for authentic creativity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:30 am
Russell Crowe is a putz. I really enjoyed It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
NAACP

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:31 am
@Setanta,
See a putz get a putz....
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 08:35 am
NAACP wrote:
love A Beautiful Mind with Russel Crowe. One of the most profound movies I've ever seen and it gets even more so with each watch.

Memorable quote:

"I cannot waste time with these classes, these books. Memorizing the weak assumptions of LESSER MORTALS!!!"
they any different from the Greater mortals?
Never managed the entire movie, it was a waste of film and time.

Setanta wrote:
Russell Crowe is a putz. I really enjoyed It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
He may a putz be; but the were speaking of a here man named RUSSEL Crowe not RUSSELL.

regarding the film Mad, Mad... it's highly over adored. Has 1/2 good and 1/2 bad. Takes too long, becomes too unbelievable, unrealistic, unfunny. I've seen it 3 times fully, by the end I'm watching the clock and even thinking about paste it becomes that irritating. Car drive scene to the park and treasure takes far far too lenghty a time. The entire film can be redone in half the time.

Ionus wrote:

So it depends on many variables as to what I put up as the most impressive
my take as well. Many a movie seems fantastic, great, grand in a first view, later is dull as a dead light bulb. Same reverse happens where I see part or whole movie, and am bored, unimpressed/spired. Later even a year later, that same movie, (viewed again when a friend insists), can be uplifting and enjoyable, energizing, exactly what I wanted. A year later it's a bust again. Variables.

Even my favorites in the years have times they can't attach me. I speak of Marty, Carousel, Days of Wine and Roses, The 300 Spartans, The Big Country, The Teahouse of the August Moon ...
dyslexia
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 08:42 am
Lonely are the Brave
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 08:45 am
@Sturgis,
Ahh yes you're right we are all EQUAL mortals!!!!! how foolish of the writers and me for thinking it had any creative merit!!!!! I must now "go back in time" to when I first heard that line and how much it inspired me and erase it!!!!!! Erase erase erase!!!!!! bad me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sturgis

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:13 am
@NAACP,
whatever works for you.
NAACP

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:47 am
@Sturgis,
It all "works".............
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:48 am
A perfect movie to me would be the 1982 French film "The Return of Martin Guerre." The screenplay was an important element because it conveyed multiple themes (the ambiguities of society, property, family, law, religion, marriage, and love). The cinematography was great and the sets recreated a fifteenth century French village with accuracy. Gerard Depardieu and Natalie Baye were both very moving as the lead characters. I even loved the music written for the film.
Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:52 am
Why Sturgis, you prissy old asshole, what brings you back?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:57 am
@Setanta,
I heard you were serving stakes. Smile (when need arises)
dyslexia

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:01 am
@wandeljw,
wonderful film, I loved it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:04 am
@weiwei,
Walt Disney's film Fantasia comes to mind. It was amazing for 1940. I love classical music, and it was superb.

Here is a small sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvButzoSEPk

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:16 am
@Sturgis,
Don't believe everything you hear--although it's no surprise to see that you're gullible.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 01:53 pm
I mostly enjoyed comedies, but also enjoyed movies with Roy Rogers, Rocketman, John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Glenn Ford, Jimmie Stewart, Doris Day, Sessue Hayakawa, Jack Lemmon, Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, Marlon Brando, Johnny Depp, Clint Eastwood, Kirk Douglas, Steve McQueen, Marx Brothers, Jack Nicholson, and probably a few others.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 02:28 pm
Movies that I thought had a good memorable story:
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Saving Private Ryan
Avatar (keep your scathing reviews to yourself, I liked it.)
Gone with the Wind
A Few Good Men
The 5th Element
Moulin Rouge