Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 09:36 am
I have a Rainsoft AQ24 the one with the green box on the computer head, my ? is this when I plug it in the motor runs all the time, I have replaced the motor and sensor becuase they were bad, also marked the 2 white cams so they were lined up correctly and I checked the 2 limit switches and they are making and breaking as they should when the cams are turning any ideas. thanks

URL: http://able2know.org/post/ask/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,350 • Replies: 19
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:43 am
If the cams are turning it's probably a frozen piston that has snapped the little chromed connector
that sits on top of the piston rod between the cams. Look for the halves laying in the plastic tray below.

If the cams do not turn, chances are good that you have a sheared pin.

Both issues can be fixed by me.
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:12 am
I checked the cams and the piston and both are moving like they should, the motor just keeps running unless I unplug it, do you know were home position is on the cams? I marked them so I would get them lined up when I changed the motor
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:59 pm
@MMueller,
Check the micro switches.
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:12 pm
@MMueller,
The rear cam switch should turn off the drive motor when it hits the notch in the rear cam. this would be the "home position " . The actuaton on the switch should pop out into the slot and shut it off. The cams are actually keyed so that they slide onto the hex shaft in the proper position.
MMueller

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:36 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks for the replys H20 man and Joethewaterguy, checked the micro switches with a meter and they are making and breaking, when the rear one pops out the whole operation starts over, also they are set for normally open, do you guys think I should change them anyway?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:37 pm
@MMueller,
sounds like a wiring problem>are the rear switch connections on the front two connectors?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:46 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
like blue on both upper connections of both switches and yellow to the center of the front switch and orange to the center of the rear switch
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 05:02 pm
Yep thats were I have them, I even checked were they connect on the board with my meter for continuity blue to yellow and blue to orange as its cams are turning seems to be making and breaking on the switches
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 05:11 pm
@MMueller,
one time I had this happen ,with all the connections in the correct position ,is when I replaced the orings and got some water splashed on the boards. I used a blow dryer on the circiut boards to dry out all the parts and connections. A little drop of water was sitting under one of the chips.
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:37 pm
I blew it all off, Its been sitting for 3 days since I changed the motor, you think its the board? i dont know if you can even get them anymore.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 03:05 pm
@MMueller,
They are rare.

I have a few in my shop, but I don't sell them separately.
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 03:12 pm
Do you know were I can purchase one separately and what do they usally run for price?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 03:17 pm
@MMueller,
They are obsolete and I don't know of a source.
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 04:55 pm
Is it possible to rebuild or refurbish one?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 06:00 am
@MMueller,
Yes, I have refurbished quite a few.

0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:36 am
What is the going price to refurbish a board?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 01:32 pm
@MMueller,
For me it's case by case. I refurbish and bench test the entire
control valve by replacing what's worn out and/or broken.

In your case I would need to know what generation board your Q has.
If I don't have a suitable replacement on hand there is no reason to move forward.

Price: It's not cheap, but it's less than buying a new replacement control valve.
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 04:51 pm
The model is AQ24 CT-8 and on the board someone wrote on it E4187, the only no.s I see on stamped on the board are AC8012R on the bottom, is there other info you need? hope this helps. thanks
0 Replies

MMueller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:06 pm
The board has a bad transister that makes up the neutral side of the motor, does anyone know were to obtain a 3 pin transister for this board?
0 Replies