Packing Heat Where You Eat

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 09:05 pm

Packing Heat Where You Eat

By Mark Stine

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) -
A Tucson gun rights group is encouraging people to only eat
at restaurants that allow guns inside.

"There is no difference between us and anyone else," J.D. Schechter said. [a friend of mine]

Well there is one small difference, these guys carry guns.

Schechter explained, "It is a tool, it is an inert piece of metal,
there is nothing to fear, just like a hammer or a baseball bat."

The Tucson gun rights group, Gunburger, has been making their way
around town supporting restaurants willing to let them wear their guns while they dine.

"We choose a different restaurant every month. Our goal is not to use a restaurant per se.
It's just to establish the fact we're showing them support," Steve Webb said.

This month, the group chose Brushfire Barbeque to have dinner.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 626 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I think everyone should have the right to carry a gun but seriously, I know a lot of people that don't need to be carrying guns.

I take it you are for more relaxed gun control?
Fido

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I have some hand guns that I used to hunt deer with, but I have them so buried I have not seen them in years... I was once asked to write a reference for a guy I know to join the sherrifs office as a deputy... I told him I could not do it... Anyone who strapped on a gun at the beginning of the shift with the thought that they might possibly kill a human being by the end of it was insane... It is the most unthinkable of acts, and to think of it seriously takes a mind beyond fathom... There has got to be a better way...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 04:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I think everyone should have the right to carry a gun but seriously, I know a lot of people that don't need
to be carrying guns.

I take it you are for more relaxed gun control?
If those people happen to be set upon by criminals or a cougar while fishing or hiking,
then thay will need such emergency equipment
thru whose use thay will succeed in preserving their lives and other property,
but u need to prepare BEFORE the emergency arises, not after.
Its better to HAVE a gun and not need it,
than it is to NEED a gun and not HAVE it.

I know from personal experience that when a predatory emergency
arises, it can happen very suddenly and abruptly; it can be UNEXPECTED.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment, in the minds of the men who wrote
the Bill of Rights, was to make it clear that government has NO jurisdiction over civilian possession of firearms.
One reason for this was that there were NO police anywhere in the USA (nor in England) in the 1700s,
when the Bill of Rights was written so everyone was expected to take care of himself.
Indeed, it was against the law to go to Church in an unarmed condition.
The clergymen checked to make sure that the congregants were armed.
Apparently, thay had been losing too many Christians on the way to Church.
Thay looked upon being armed as sound policy, as we think of wearing a mandatory seatbelt, today.
Failure to be armed or to wear a seatbelt is irresponsibile.

Another reason in the minds of these newly successful Revolutionaries
was that an employer has the RIGHT to fire his employees
and government was our employee; government was created by us, to serve us.

This point was argued by the Founders in the Federalist Papers,
in support of ratification of the Constitution; (it followed up on those principles
set forth earlier in the Declaration of Independence).

(However, there is nothing to prevent a state from ISOLATING
an intolerably dangerous man, after criminal conviction.)

How is JJ's bray coming along ?

Does he miss his mom ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 04:45 am
@Arella Mae,
I might add that a lot fewer rapes
woud have occurred if the victims had the necessary fire power to control the situation.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 04:50 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
I have some hand guns that I used to hunt deer with, but I have them so buried I have not seen them in years... I was once asked to write a reference for a guy I know to join the sherrifs office as a deputy... I told him I could not do it... Anyone who strapped on a gun at the beginning of the shift with the thought that they might possibly kill a human being by the end of it was insane... It is the most unthinkable of acts, and to think of it seriously takes a mind beyond fathom... There has got to be a better way...
According to YOU, what INSTEAD, is sane, rather than having armed police ?

David
Fido

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 05:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:
According to YOU, what INSTEAD, is sane, rather than having armed police ?

We have had less than a thousand years of Western Law... I mean, when Jesus did not return after the last millenium, the church pushed, and not without resistence, to take over the whole of society and spread a universal law besed upon the code of Justinian... Our Law basd upon English Common Law is slightly different, but many of the ideas are the same, and while the common law has successfully destroyed community law, it has no brought justice, peace, security, or tranquility... We have more people in prison per capita than anyone and you can spank your kid without a warrant...

The only thing that has worked is community control and responsibility, which the carrying of guns does represent, but the thing that gave community control and responsibility its urgency was the threat of feud violence...What carrying guns represents is the break down of the social contract... People no longer look to the society for justice, but wish to keep matters in their own hands... I would not mind it at all if everyone were armed... People might learn to show respect... What clearly does not work is a bunch of professionals who suck up a lot of money, are never there when you need them and are handing out tickets when theyshould be solving problems... It is the single largest expense in my county by far, and people still must worry about it because the prisons do not work either, not any more than the entire justice system... What people had before, while an impediment to progress and change also preserved their power in their own affairs... It was not as violent as people think, but it probably did kill off a great number of dumasses who could not figure out how to get along...

David
0 Replies