12
   

me and Ionus, two peas in a pod.

 
 
JPB
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 10:33 am
@dyslexia,
Laughing
0 Replies
 
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:15 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Wow Helen, you're just to sharp for me, I could never slip anything past you. Your comprehension is overwhelming. I am humbled down to my knees. I must regret having the thought that I might have posted that I regard Okie as being the most astute political analyst on a2k.

Thank you - that cleared it all up. You meant to write "Okie", somehow wrote "Ionus" instead, this is a thread on political astuteness, and you suddenly had an epiphany that turned you into a Republican. So glad to know Smile
0 Replies
 
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:26 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Simply by reading each of our post histories, it's all obvious. We are brothers in arms.

Good news - you've fallen into a classic mathematical paradox known as the Sleeping Beauty problem. Nobody knows what causes it, and there is no cure, but fortunately it entails no pain and suffering - lucky man Smile
http://www.anthropic-principle.com/book/anthropicbias.html#R002
Quote:
....we pause to interject a discussion of the Sleeping Beauty problem, a thought experiment involving imperfect recall. Sleeping Beauty is closely related to two other problems that have been discussed in recent game theory literature: Absent-Minded Driver and the Absent-Minded Passenger. One’s views on one of these problems is likely to determine how one thinks about the others. Therefore, we can regard Sleeping Beauty as a template for a broader class of imperfect recall problems......
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:30 pm
@High Seas,
Helen, you're babbling again. If the primary premise is wrong so will be the concluding premise.
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:44 pm
@dyslexia,
Your "again" is the determining symptom of the Sleeping Beauty syndrome - you got it in spades. Read the link >
Quote:
"observation selection effects"

> really, do, unless you're happiest without the cold cure of logic, in which case it would be cruelty to insist.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:45 pm
@dyslexia,
OK, get down to IMPORTANT THINGS:
between u & Ionus: who has best guns ?????





David
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I do, Ionus doesn't have any guns so no matter what guns I have they are better than his.
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:49 pm
@dyslexia,
That doesn't matter if he's got friends armed with the better guns - and trained in their use.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:50 pm
@dyslexia,
That 's HORRIBLE! A scandal!!!!!

Ionus: NO guns ??????? That 's INDECENT !!!





David
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
no actually it's most likely cultural, Ionus lives in Australia.
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:17 pm
@dyslexia,
"WOAH, the waters cold.
YEAH and its DEEP TOO!!"
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  3  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:26 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
Quote:
Gomez and Fester
The plot thickens
Actually more like cousin It and Thing.
JPB
 
  2  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:28 pm
@Ionus,
Ok, now that's funny.
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:28 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
I do, Ionus doesn't have any guns so no matter what guns I have they are better than his.
I saw a gun once ! Surprised
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
That 's HORRIBLE! A scandal!!!!!
Ionus: NO guns ??????? That 's INDECENT !!!
Just need a pull through and fired a coupe of times......
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:30 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
no actually it's most likely cultural, Ionus lives in Australia.
I was wondering what the hell that kangaroo was doing in the living room, mate! Australia hey ? Well that explains a lot....
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:49 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
no actually it's most likely cultural, Ionus lives in Australia.
So did Crocodile Dundee
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 05:00 pm
@Ionus,
dyslexia wrote:
no actually it's most likely cultural, Ionus lives in Australia.
Ionus wrote:
I was wondering what the hell that kangaroo was doing in the living room, mate! Australia hey ? Well that explains a lot....
I was there in the 1980s.
I went to Melbourne, Australia.
I stayed at the Hyatt on Collins Street.
I visited the zoo in Melbourne, Australia.
Its a good zoo. I fraternized with some
of its inhabitants, who were roaming around,
being hospitable. I petted an Imu.
To my chagrin, I did not establish convivial social relations
with a kangaroo. R thay friendly ??





David
Ionus
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 06:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
To my chagrin, I did not establish convivial social relations
with a kangaroo. R thay friendly ??
More like an arrogant giant rat. I bought some food as a kid to feed them, and while I was hand feeding the cute little ones a male came over and kicked the snot out of me, spilling the corn on the ground and then eating it. I stood up and looked up at the monster and punched it. A fight then insued during which time I was badly scratched and only saved from a disembowelling by heavy winter clothing that was torn through. I did however get a couple of good solid jabs in to the face, neck and chest. A ranger broke up the fight and I was removed from the park. I returned another time to pet the koalas.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 11:40 pm
@Ionus,
David wrote:
To my chagrin, I did not establish convivial social relations
with a kangaroo. R thay friendly ??
Ionus wrote:
More like an arrogant giant rat. I bought some food as a kid to feed them, and while I was hand feeding the cute little ones a male came over and kicked the snot out of me, spilling the corn on the ground and then eating it. I stood up and looked up at the monster and punched it. A fight then insued during which time I was badly scratched and only saved from a disembowelling by heavy winter clothing that was torn through. I did however get a couple of good solid jabs in to the face, neck and chest. A ranger broke up the fight and I was removed from the park. I returned another time to pet the koalas.
Next time, bring brass knuckles.
A few minutes ago, I just dreamed about wild animals roaming in my naborhood, including a tiger, by whom I was not threatened,
but I was menaced by a large primate. I remember thinking of not turning my back on them, and showing counter-arrogance, counter-aggression. It worked (in the dream).





David
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Lola at the Coffee House - Question by Lola
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Adding Tags to Threads - Discussion by Brandon9000
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Merry Andrew - Discussion by edgarblythe
Spot the April Fools gag yet? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Great New Look to A2K- Applause, Robert! - Discussion by Phoenix32890
Head count - Discussion by CalamityJane
New A2K feature requests. - Discussion by DrewDad
The great migration - Discussion by shewolfnm
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/18/2019 at 03:12:53