A Message to Michael

Dasein

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:01 pm
@NAACP,
I didn't say you were the 'conversation in your head'. I said you are the 'conversation'. The two are not the same. The 'conversation' comes before the 'conversation in your head' and the sole purpose of 'conversation in your head' is to drown out the 'conversation'.

How ya like them apples?
NAACP

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:48 pm
@Dasein,
The "conversation" I have with myself which happens when reading "Being and Time"? And the sole purpose of that "conversation" is for me to fully "understand" the who in me?
Dasein

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:41 pm
@NAACP,
NAACP;

You said;
"The "conversation" I have with myself which happens when reading "Being and Time"? And the sole purpose of that "conversation" is for me to fully "understand" the who in me?"

Close enough.

On second thought, not close enough. The "conversation" takes place on a different level which doesn't include the "conversation in your head". As a matter of fact, when you get to the point of recognizing the difference between the “conversation” and the "conversation in your head", the "conversation in your head" shuts up and let's you Be.
NAACP

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 02:52 pm
@Dasein,
Indeed.
0 Replies