Where have all the fantasy RPGs gone?

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I played it for a day about 2 weeks ago. Not sure why I haven't returned but so far the beginner levels and tasks are enjoyable, not overwhelmingly difficult or mindlessly repetitive like the infamous repetitive tasks in order to get points to level up and become a stronger character.

Right now, I'm playing a elvish rogue.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 04:36 pm
I just ordered Syberia II and Oblivion. We'll see if I can play them on this lightweight computer.

Tsar, did you post a link to the D&D game sign up page? ...... Found it! Am loading program....
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 05:45 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I just ordered Syberia II and Oblivion. We'll see if I can play them on this lightweight computer.

Tsar, did you post a link to the D&D game sign up page? ...... Found it! Am loading program....
Get Dragon Age too.
littlek

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 05:46 pm
@HexHammer,
Hex, I will, I can't afford to buy bunches right now.

EGADS - the D&D is a three hour download!
littlek

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:19 pm
So... I can't get through the set up of my character.... WTF?
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:26 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

So... I can't get through the set up of my character.... WTF?
Go play Knight of the old Republic!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:34 pm
@littlek,
You must have run up against server problems as the download for me started out about that long but as time went by, the numbers dramatically and exponentially fell out of the hours zone and into about a 30 minute download.

What kind of character building issues are you coming across?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:51 pm
I wasn't able to find a name that wasn't taken (I'm pretty sure after 6 names that it was a glitch and not a real lack of names available). I logged out. Then I went back in and it worked, but couldn't make an image of my character (maybe this is only for paying members?). After I managed to make a character with a name not taken, I entered the game and it got hung up on the loading screen.
littlek

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:17 pm
@littlek,
Now the icon isn't in my startup tray.... Where'd it go? Meh.

I signed up for the star wars game. Is the game actually running yet?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:38 pm
@littlek,
I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this game. I'm presently trying to navigate the Tron Legacy site and their game page is quite sluggish and uncooperative.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:04 pm
there seems to be no game on the star wars website. What a frustrating night it was last night. It all started when I tried to load my old morrowind game (it failed too).
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:18 pm
I'm currently playing Lord of the Rings.

I tried to play this once before but the download would not allow me to progress beyounf the intro quests at Archet.
the download was 6 hrs for me but actually took a lot longer because the download/my computer kept going to sleep.
I downloaded LOTR this time because the DD server was not up and running.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:22 pm
Lilk you may need a dos box and the knowledge to be able to mount your morrowind game within the dos box.
I had mine running for a while last year and it took several attempts to get it to go.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:36 pm
I've already spent way too much time in morrowind. I think I can do without. I was more curious to know if my graphics card would support it. I think the download going awry has nothing to do with the graphics card.

I'll try LOTRs..... Can you tell me the maker?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:55 pm
lilk
Lord of the Rings online. a MMORPG play for free game by turbine.
http://www.lotro.com/

You can play solo as i am doing or join a "kin" (alliance). Its taking me quite a while to learn all the games variouse ins and outs with crafting (hobbies) social networks, character development, variouse levels of quests and the ineractions between all of these.
littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 04:02 pm
@dadpad,
Alright. Trying that one....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 06:54 pm
Argh.... Syberia II won't play on windows 7, apparently. And I didn't order oblivion, I ordered an extension to Oblivion (WTF?).

I'm sick and frazzled. Was looking forward to gaming. No patience to try anything new.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:43 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
No patience to try anything new.
Baldur's Gate I + II is the answer then!
0 Replies

aze1526

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 01:33 pm
You know, there are some companies out there who specialize in making RPGs, such as Bioware. Bioware always manages to create a dynamic story line with characters that seem to have real personalities. Their games are extremely interactive; and it brings you to an entire new world. I suggest to you Jade Empire, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, and Fable (Lionhead Studios).

But seriously, they are the masters of RPG experience. You should really check their games out.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 03:53 pm
I'll look into whether those run on Windows 7. Thanks!
0 Replies