Les Miserables

innie

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 02:13 pm
I'm not sure if there is already a topic on this play... but if not..

Have you seen it live? Read the book? Got the cd or movie?
What did you think of it?

I saw it live, have the cd and book haha... and I love it. I think original London cast is the best, Eponine's voice is incredible in that version.
What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,591 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rufio

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 02:26 pm
I have some of the tracks on a CD, have seen some of it live, have read some of the book, and have played some of the music in high school. From what I could peice together of it from that. it looks awesome. I've just never seen it all the way through before.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:02 pm
As spectacles go, it was one of the best I've seen onstage, innie. Very impressive. I saw it in NYC in the 80s.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:39 pm
My wife and I saw it on Broadway last December. It is our favorite of the Broadway plays we've seen (best storyline, "deepest" characters, great music).
0 Replies

kslater89

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 09:13 am
for my opening year of the new performing arts center at my school... our drama dept was involved in les miserables... we sang a few of the songs in each performance... luckily we had amazing soloist otherwise we would have never been able to pull it off...
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 04:39 am
I'm afraid I'm yet to see Les Mis... but last summer in Girls' choir we did a 3 part arrangement of "One Day More" which is possibly the nicest thing i've ever sung - i'm reliably informed the rest of the writing is as good, so at the very least I'll have to buy the soundtrack or the video!!
0 Replies

ilovemusic143

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:54 pm
I can't wait to see it again! I heard that Daphne Rubin-Vega was going to be in the revival so I was like-- I HAVE TO SEE IT! She's got such an incredible voice. And her CD is coming out around that time too. So, yay!

I loved the book too. Very Happy
0 Replies