Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 02:37 pm
@dyslexia,
Ah now I wanna listen to that song. Thanks for the reminder Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 02:42 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Can´t you simply address the contradiction that the truth is that there are no truths ???

I have not said that there are no truths. I have said that there are no absolute truths.

Quote:
if I had to chose descriptions are incomplete not Truth

There you go again, deifying truth as some entity or phenomenon existing independent of knowers. That is where you cross over from philosophy to the realm of theism.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 02:54 pm
@Cyracuz,
If we go that way as far as I know you are an "object" to me not a "knower"...a "function" that corresponds in a given manner on how I "behave"...for all that I know you might as well be a "bot"...
I am my experience and that experience is true as far as truth can go on what I can conceive of absolute truths...
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 03:02 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
So if you can conceive of it, it must be true?
Another word for "conceive of" is "imagine". You might as well have said "I can imagine absolute truths", but then even you would have seen how unreasonable such a claim is as an argument.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 04:03 pm
@Cyracuz,
It is now clear that you don´t have the slightest idea on what I am talking about...Obviously you and everyone can only know that which must first potentially be conceivable off...similarly you cannot hear ultrasounds or see infra-red...what you are defines what you can do and know and not the other way around !

Truth regards the state of my experience not that my experience is a true state on anything else...
(can you understand what this means I advise you to read it twice before any comment)

What I am I am, not as me in the physical boundary sense, but as the sum of my experiences in one with the world...physicality is a neutral term in here not particularly in favour or against its need...to me "physicality" amounts in its simplest form to "relation" the same place where you can infer concepts as "force"...
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 05:32 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Obviously you and everyone can only know that which must first potentially be conceivable of

The implication in this is that there is some "objective reality" that is "absolutely true" regardless of our experience of it. That is an assumption you cannot justify, and that it seems obvious to you is no argument for the validity of such a belief. The concept of truth only has meaning to me when it relates to information, and only when "truth value" serves to create mutual agreement and understanding for the purpose of communication.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 10:05 pm
@Cyracuz,
So you think you can know that which you cannot conceive...well, I have nothing to say to that...
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 03:51 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
What is obvious in the course of this conversation is that you assume that I am stupid. If this were a face to face meeting I would be obliged to punch you in the face, even though it goes against what I believe in. But if it were a face to face meeting I seriously doubt that you would have the nerve to show me such attitudes. Wink
JLNobody

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:37 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz, where are you? Are you well?
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 03:22 pm
@JLNobody,
I am well. Thanks for your concern Smile
Moved to a new flat, and I have lived for a long time without internet. But sometime during the summer I will be back.
0 Replies

void123

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 01:45 am
@Eudaimon,
A Cup of Tea

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?" taken from the internet

the flower sermon is where the pratice of zen orginated or silent teaching by buddha. zen emphases meditation and intuition and realisation of suchness as the method to enlighment.
0 Replies